Plans for menu/chat UI overhauls?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
WaaMatt

Plans for menu/chat UI overhauls?

Post by WaaMatt »

Are there are any plans for out-of-game UI overhauls with Myth and/or Myth II? I greatly enjoy being able to play the game at 1600x1200, but the rest of the game remains 640x480 meaning that anytime I switch out of it (for example using Spaces in 10.5, which I'm going to have to remap the F-key hot-key for since it still works while Myth II is running full-screen) the rest of my computer's interface is blown up to 640x480.

I realize that most of the interface graphics would then need to be re-done (unless they scale well), but... Maybe I'm just in no way aware of what this would take in terms of code! Haha.

Oh, and speaking of running the game at a high resolution, one thing I dislike is the kill counter. For me it has to get really, really high before it switches to showing numbers. Any chance this can always just become an icon with number after, say, 30?
Waagh!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You can try running Myth II either in windowed mode or in "don't switch resolutions mode", which will prevent the resolution switching. (These options are available when you open Myth holding down the Option key on the Mac.)
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

Haha... Oooooh, so THAT's what don't switch resolutions does. Haha.
Waagh!