Update Issues

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

in the spirit of mwc i tried to reinstall myth. Had no problems with reinstillation (booted in os9, installed from the cd, etc).

Then I downloaded the patch from the playmyth link (autoupdater). Ran it, said that the patch was installed correctly, but when I try to open up myth, it tells me that the patch is missing necessary files, and to re-install the patch. When I do that, it says that the patch is installed fine, but the game still won't run.

I tried re-installing from the base up, and it still won't work. Help?
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Try getting the update from http://myth.busybsoftware.com. When you install it I think you have to make sure you point the installer to your Myth directory but outside of that it should work. Also make sure your original install was a large install.
El Tainted Blissarino

nothin :( Keeps saying that not all the patch files are there. I checked and 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 * 1.5 unity are all there. :( wtf?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You need the following files in the plugins folder, which should be in the same folder as your Myth application:

Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
El Tainted Blissarino

So does the 1.5.1 autoinstaller not work? I have the patches listed in my previous post, after doing a clean install from the m2 cd, and following all of cik's instructions.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

What's in your tags folder? You should have:

international large install
international small install
large install
medium install
small install

If those are all present can you post the contents of myth_log.txt here pls?

Edited By iron on 1151112645
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
CIK

Post by CIK »

hmm the auto installer appears to have some issues...well we will be redoing things for the upcoming 1.5.2 release and will try to make sure we nail this issue down.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Seems odd though that 1.5.1's installer could be available for a year and we don't hear of a critical problem with it until now.
CIK

Post by CIK »

I'm guessing most people that used it had at least a working 1.4 install or mb it's something being tripped up by 10.4 which wasn't out whent 1.5.1 originally shipped.
El Tainted Blissarino

i did a fresh install on OS 10.2.8.

I finally just had to download the manual installer, which I should have done in the first place.

Patch 1.4 interface was not installed by the autoinstaller, and NONE of the online server modules were either, eventhough I clicked playmyth.net when it asked.

Also I tried a direct install, rather than the update, and that just wouldn't even run.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

ack. That is indeed broken then.
CIK

Post by CIK »

ohh we don't exactly support 10.2.x and I'm sure the install doesn't you might want to just use the manual installer and save yourself the grief