Trow turning back to attack while getting hit...

Talk about anything here.
SneakAttack

Post by SneakAttack »

Okay, this is a SERIOUS issue. Say you are using a Trow and you kick a melee unit, and it is next to a bunch of other melee units. And then you click somewhere else after kicking that melee unit, IF the trow is hit after clicking him to move somewhere else, the trow will TURN AROUND to kick the unit attacking it. This has to do with the way the melee works in 1.4.x/1.5. If a unit is moving and is hit while moving it stops and attacks that unit. In this case it makes the trow un-able to run away thus destroying how the Trow is suppose to work. However I have only had this happen to me when a BUNCH of melee are hitting it, then the trow seems to just keep turning around to try and attack instead of running. And no this isn't because my trow is surrounded. I know this because my trow will move forward a few steps away (toward an empty area with no units) from the melee and then turn around. I know it's impossible for me to show this happening via a replay, but I'm sure you guys could get it to happen with a few test games. Just have a player with melee clump up and then have the trow attack one unit, and have all the units attack the trow, then try and move the trow away. Since the Trow is my favorite unit in regular Myth II this is rather frustrating and should be looked into. I have heard other people complain about this aswell. As always thanks everyone at projectmagma for all your efforts to keep Myth alive and well.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Actually if you could send us a film that would really help. Went watching the film we can see the keystrokes(actually commands in the code) given. If you could email me a film at cik at projectmagma.net that would be great. Also if could note the time frame of the film when the problem occurs that would help also.
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

Believe him ... I think Iron is already looking into it and addressing.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

http://66.98.130.18/~nitro/film.zip

8mins left, look middish. It doesnt get any better than this.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

thanks for the film. Ok, from tracking what's making that trow act that way via the code it seems he's doing it because he's walking into a myrk, not because he's been hit. This is a 1.3 feature - to double check I put the film into 1.3 mode at that point and the same thing happened.

So ... although it looks like the bug that Sneak described, I'm afraid it isn't :\
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

no i ve seen this happen way more often in 1.5 and 1.4. I dont know if its cause trow is being hit or just stuck.
And why is tro getting stuck when no units appear to be infront of him? The unit stucking thing was introduced in 1.4 and many people complained about this.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

All I can say is that that film didn't show anything new. As I said, I put it in 1.3 gameplay mode (as if it were a 1.3 film) and the trow behaved the same. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but I do need a film or three that demonstrates it. Please, get me more films and I'll gladly look at them.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder