Is there any easier way...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
t o x y n

Is there any easier way...

Post by t o x y n »

...to remove scripting/MAs from a map then just deleting them one-by-one in Loathing? The reason I ask is because I'm about to start working on adding the multiplayer (2t & ffa) meshes for my plugin and when I duplicate one of the solo meshes in fear to turn into a multi mesh, I dont want to sit there and click-delete-click-delete-click- you get the idea.

edit: Also, now that I'm here- I forgot how to make mesh names in different colors (how mesh titles appear inside of Myth). I knew how to do this a long time ago, but I cannot remember how to do it now, heh.

thanks
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I highlight all the scripting and then delete.... or import a blank text file to overwrite the current scripting.

As for the colors it deals with the number in the front of the mesh. Each set of hundreds have their own color. The only one I remember is 300s being a darkish red. I think the 200s is a green maybe.

200 Mesh 0 = Mesh 0 (in green text)
300 Mesh 1 = Mesh 1 (in red text)
etc
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

I can't select more than one MA in fear, chetz. Thanks for the tip about importing a blank scripting doc though, that makes things easier. Same for the color note.
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

errr.... Loathing doesnt recognize text files for me. Does it have to be in any particular format? I exported the existing MAs as a text (txt) file, cleared out all the stuff in that doc, then saved in same format. When I try to import that file in loathing, it was greyed out so that I couldnt use it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:I highlight all the scripting and then delete.... or import a blank text file to overwrite the current scripting.

As for the colors it deals with the number in the front of the mesh. Each set of hundreds have their own color. The only one I remember is 300s being a darkish red. I think the 200s is a green maybe.

200 Mesh 0 = Mesh 0 (in green text)
300 Mesh 1 = Mesh 1 (in red text)
etc
I am too lazy to look for it, but there's a topic in these forums somewhere that spells out the colors, which I posted to with the contents of a brief article/explanation on this topic from the myth graveyard (http://mythgraveyard.mything.org).
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

tox, if you are on mac you need to give the .txt file myth2 owenership in hexedit, as soon as you save it in textedit or simpletext it becomes a file that loathing wont recognize.
toe
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

here look, i made a mistake. Use resedit to change the creator data.
see how saving it in textedit changed the Type and Creator info?
so open the file in resedit and change the creator to:
M2SB
now save it and you can import it into loathing.
very sweet for copy and paste.
hope this helps.
toe
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

It turns out that if I use SimpleText (OS9 text app) instead of TextEdit (OSX text app), it works.
£N

Post by £N »

hey tox could you send me one of these empty text files? I don't have OS9 and am a total n00b and would not mind having one handy to save me the effort of deleting, as you said
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

TextEdit saves as .rtf by default, not as plain text. Just go to Format-->Make Plain Text and then it can save a plain text file, which you can import into Loathing. Or you can use TextWrangler or Word or most other text programs to create plain text files in OS X.
The cake is a lie.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Could always use something like this. http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/mythtypechanger
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

You don't really need to change the codes. Loathing will import as long as it's an ordinary plain text file. At least, I've never had trouble with it.
The cake is a lie.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Also, using save as with microsoft work to create a blank .txt document works. So you don't have to boot up classic.