Khromes wwIIi

Talk about anything here.
Orderless

Post by Orderless »

Hey guys im looking for Khrome.

Khrome I was wondering whats going on with m3 wwIIi? I know there was a sprite issue that wasnt resolved awhile back..and was wondering if you just decided to scrap the project?

Seems the idiot collective is working on some ww2 m3 stuff.....You planning on picking it back up?

Just wondering whats goin on, thanks for your time.

OB.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Hey all, I'm back on these forums (I bet you all feel so glad) after some less than happy events on PlayMyth.net's forums. I find it so much nicer here, just less posts (that's why I left) so I won't post much but if you look me up on PlayMyth, I won't do the same thing here.

I imgine if anything DOES happen with the ol' WWIIi work, I think it'll happen AFTER whatever Idiots do - maybe krome'll be inspired by it or something.

Releasing what was done woul be nice, let others finish it.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Omg get out Elfoid. We don't need you and your worthless posts :-P
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

elfoid is cool leave him alone :angry: . I imagine khrome will likely read this thread and give an answer himself, last I heard they were problems with the engine that needed to be fixed before wwIIi could be completed.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Notice the smiley that goes :p :-)

By the looks of those screenshots, it looks cool in 3D/
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Where are the screenies of the Idiots WWII? On their website? Is there any?

Khrome's WWII page hasn't been updated in ages.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

Heres two shots of the Idiots units on Recon.
<center>

</center>
We also have plans to release the MAX skeleton so people may reskin and reannimate the soldier for other projects - and since it uses attachments, it would be a breeze for them to do so.

Not to mention the goodies I'd like to show you from AvA, but can't/shouldn't.

Luckily we ran into no problems with sprites, lights, dodging or picking up items.
(AKA Captain Trips, Amadeus)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Nice, textures are unfinished I'm guessing?

I really want ADT (Alien Dark Tide) to get an M3 conversion, but it probably won't happen.

What other plugs could be converted succesfully to M3? I think Dreamseedz might be cool since the whole thing felt more like M3 than M2 for some reason (maybe the fancy graphics had something to do with it, I think it was best graphics I ever seen M2 do but my memory isn't great).

Could B&G or Mazz4 work on M3? I don't think so myself...
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

The problem with porting 'unit sets' and the like to myth 3, is that myth 3 doesnt use sprite animations for the monsters. To port something like Blue and Grey, would mean remodeling ALL the units into .SKL models, and then UV texturing them and all that crap. Then you have to port the maps.. As for Mazz 3 or 4 to M3.... I have my serious doubts, mainly because of the scripting involved... There are well over 500 map actions on both of those maps, and as far as I understand _some_ scripts dont flawlessly transfer over to myth 3.... so that would be on hell of a tedious job fixing it and testing it to perfection. Then you have to worry about engine limits.... 2500 units in M3 cant be good for your computer can it?

Correct me if i'm wrong M3 gurus :D
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I know the difficulty of MAKING it, I'm just talking about what it would be like to play if someone did make it. No one would bother port them. WWII Recon has hardly any new units - B&G would take the rest of several people's natural life.

Just curious is all.
Blades ~FF~

Post by Blades ~FF~ »

Orlando the Axe wrote:elfoid is cool leave him alone :angry: . I imagine khrome will likely read this thread and give an answer himself, last I heard they were problems with the engine that needed to be fixed before wwIIi could be completed.

I'd really like to know what "problems" are being referred to. Samsara has had no problem porting over an authentic playing WWII based mod to Myth III. It's been tedious trying to make it "feel" like the WWII that people are used to, but from a technical perspective, there are no issues that prevent it from being created.

There are well over 8000 sprites on the current beta of WWII on screen at any point and while that may be tweeked at some point to be less, there are no problems with playing it with that many sprites at this point.

The current beta plays on the 1.3.1 build of Myth III which has been out nearly a year now. Please don't blame the engine for a mod not being done. That is *simply* inaccurate.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Blades, I can't actually see anything on elusivemind.net other than a logo, why is it in your sig?

There was a very interesting topic about this on flyingflip.com about this topic. I think Khrome was complaining that the engine couldn't do what he wanted and FF said he had his chance coding and never changed anything. Don't complain if I'm wrong, I'm not totally sure on this point.
Blades ~FF~

Post by Blades ~FF~ »

My web site is under development and isn't yet finished. I've been playing some World of Warcraft as well as I've been in the process of relocating at the moment so I've not had the time I've wanted to finish this site or several other things I've been working on.

Well the thing with Myth III is.... Our stated mission is to fix the problems with Myth III and provide modest improvements that do not sacrifice anything which currently exists for Myth III. That is our mission and our goal. We're not in the business of modifying the engine so that one particular modder can do something that he may or may not ever finish. If we change the engine for a modder, and then that mod becomes vaporware, then we've wasted our time.

There are a whole lot of other reasons including some that are ancient history and is just much more than really needs to be delved into at this point. What matters is that a port of WWII is possible using the existing engine. Period. I believe Khrome was working on other things aside from a direct port of WWII that he may have been referring to, but I am not completely aware of that or what his plans were - so it would be hard for me to comment to that directly.

Hope this helps;
Blades
Orderless bastard

Post by Orderless bastard »

............do I have to make another thread?

There I just went and Pm'd Khrome....you guys can turn this thread into whatever you want now.........and jesus elf go outside sometime man.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It was a side note not worthy of a main topic so I slipped it in here. Don't try to drive me away from Magma's forums like people did with PlayMyth and don't reply to this or it'll turn into a flame-war.

Did you e-mail/pm Khrome or do you just expect a call?

Where were the last WWIIi betas? Anyone able to send me one or upload it?