Two questions - Fear and Meander

Talk about anything here.
Cubic Circle

Post by Cubic Circle »

First, why does Myth (2) crash when I use the Meander script, either in fear or loathing?
Second, when IS the latest version of Fear comming for the Mac?
Jinsei wa geemu da
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

You mean for OSX? It's going to take a LONG time, probably months. I'd guess 6 at least. Magma's priorities are probably TFL 1.5.0 and SB 1.5.1 for now because they could be the final patches for the games (I'm sure there'll be a 1.5.2 or a 1.6.0 eventually, but not for a good while)and they're going to help FF with the next TWA patch as well. There's a number of maps they have to finish off also.

They got a lot to do and I get the feeling Fear 1.5.1 isn't top of their to do list.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

I believe Khrome is working on Lono to replace fear and last I heard was rewriting a core library for it so it had 3d capabilities.
(AKA Captain Trips, Amadeus)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Wow, never even heard of that. Who told you?

3D capabilities? Does that mean if you model a unit in 3D it can convert them into sprites?
Phex

Post by Phex »

I think this rather means ability to edit models.

Btw - what about win Amber?
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

I heard khrome and myrd overtalking. I think he eventually wants to turn lono into a m3 editor as well and so does not wish to recode everything after the fact to get the ability to view skl or whatever.

Again, this is just what I overheard, it may no longer be correct, or i may have overheard incorrectly.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

You mean it does 3D modelling for Myth II or Myth III depending on what you want?

Would be great for the plug porting mentioned in a recent topic.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

No. Thats not what I mean at all.

I believe he just wants the ability to view .skl models. You'll have to ask him though. I don't know if he plans on undertaking the huge task of messing with model files too.

Coincidently on the topic of porting models, if anyone knows the model view guy, if I could get his permission I could add to his program a funtion to export to .skl.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I believe I understand now, I'm a n00b with comp stuff so don't expect me to get much of what you are talking about.

Sounds nice.
Cubic Circle

Post by Cubic Circle »

... uh, well that kinda answers my second question... but what about the first?
Jinsei wa geemu da
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Are you on a Mac? Which OS? I'm guessing X.3.3 or X.3.4 unless you're a Mac Classic nut. Well, I don't know - I've only had problems with Fear on my old comp which was very slow. Anything unusual in the local folder?

Try posting in Magma's technical support forums. If not, try PlayMyth.net or thefallensvengeance.com's forums. They both have dedicated support sections.