MythTypeChanger

Talk about anything here.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Ever hear of MythConverter? It was an OS9 Application that changed the file type of any file to a myth file. This was necessary because these files wouldn't open in fear/loathing/amber. Well, this little app does the same thing. It just works in OS X.

You can grab it here
lank

Post by lank »

not to rain on your parade, but if you put a myth 2-type file in a folder that myth 2 uses (i.e. plugins in plugins, preference files in preferences or tags in local subfolders) myth will automatically type it correctly (at least on os9 :) ). it will also not type non-myth files.
*toot*
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Aye, Myth Will. But if you want to use tag extractor or something, it sucks to have to open myth and load a plugin just so it's file type is changed correctly. When you could just drag and drop it.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Also there's FileType which is generic - ie can be used to "type" a file to anything you like. Runs under OSX, very easy to use, very handy to have :cool:
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

I have a drag drop converter I made in about 10 seconds for personal use. I'll ul it to idiots site and link ya here after Ive done it.
(AKA Captain Trips, Amadeus)
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

EDIT: Sorry, misread, didn't see you were posting one. nm. Coincidently, one use I have for apps like this is working with M3 tags. I'll have to grab and try yours out.
(AKA Captain Trips, Amadeus)