plugin question

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Can you use Fear or Loathing to edit already created plugins? In this case I'd like to tweak the starting unit lineup in Requiem of the Dead. If you can, any pointers on where to start would be appreciated.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

Usually, Youll need to extract the tags into your local folder and edit it from there.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

using "topaz" on a PC or "Tag extractor" on a MAC.

Both can be found on udog hotline i believe.
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Thanks for the help. Took me a little while to find everything and figure out how to use it, but mission accomplished.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

no. Just remember to recompile the plugin in fear when you are down so others can use it.
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

erm sorry, that was meant to be 'np.' not 'no.'
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Can you use Fear or Loathing to edit already created plugins? In this case I'd like to tweak the starting unit lineup in Requiem of the Dead. If you can, any pointers on where to start would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help. Took me a little while to find everything and figure out how to use it, but mission accomplished.
Just remember to recompile the plugin in fear when you are down so others can use it.
I have no issues with this as long as its not put out for general consumption/downloading.
ie Keep it amongst yourself and friends playing TC/ICP.

My main reasoning behind this is 2 fold . . .

First and most importantly, RotD hasnt ever been *officially* released. Basically whats been floating around since last year is a very close to final Beta and I would like the opportunity to finalize this map and release it in fine working order before haXored versions begin showing up. ;o)

Secondly, it be better to make a unit tagset to override the unitsets in RotD, this could be released as you see fit as it would only modify RotD when it was activated.

On a side note, I dont recall for certain off the top of my pointy head, but there may be some GEOM Map Actions in RotD that look for the unique 4 letter code for some monsters that may affect how the script works if monsters without the proper code are used.

Anyways, GL, HF and die well. ;o)[/color]

Edited By GHOST® on 1123730689
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"