Suggest Games

Talk about anything here.
donjasjit

Post by donjasjit »

Hi, I am a long time fan of Myth2 and even after so many years I find that there is no other game with the blend of realistic physics, strategy and pure fun. But I was wondering, could you suggest a game similar to myth which has the same characteristics,possibly a game with more up to date graphics.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

There aren't any that are even remotely similar. Why do you think we are still playing Myth? :laugh:
donjasjit

Post by donjasjit »

You are right Orlando there is simply no other game like myth but I was hoping that some wonderful myth like game had escaped my attention.

Oh how I wish that Bungie could have continued with this franchise. We would have been in myth4 or myth5 by this time.They would have had a solid fan base.

Anyway that is not going to happen , so back to the mods that the myth community has developed.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

On the bright side, mapmakers can do now with the latest version of Myth II things that have simply not been possible with the original release of the game by Bungie. So while Myth itself is old, there are still fresh surprises here and there in the excellent plugins people have made and are in the process of making. :D
capital

Post by capital »

Myrd wrote:On the bright side, mapmakers can do now with the latest version of Myth II things that have simply not been possible with the original release of the game by Bungie. So while Myth itself is old, there are still fresh surprises here and there in the excellent plugins people have made and are in the process of making. :D
Like that plugin that turns all the units into polygons...
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Total War series (Rome: Total War etc.) is one of the closest.

In a turn-based way, Worms has some similarities as well.
donjasjit

Post by donjasjit »

Thanks Elfoid, Total War is good but even in that game you get a basic idea of the strategy to employed in all cases. Attack from the flanks with horses, is usually the solution to most battles.

It does not have that uncertainty, that one misdirected dwarven molotov bottle or a bottle that does not explode, that can change the fortune of a battle.