Magma Myth Server? - A possibility?

Talk about anything here.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Hey All,

Considering the postential "situation" at PlayMyth.net...

Is there a possibility of having a Magma Myth Server? I would do it myself but do not have the necessary connections out here in the boonies. Does it need much? A decent machine and a good broadband connection?

I would be able to volunteer occasionally as a Magma admin, for an hour on Saturday nights, etc.

I don't think Marius Net can handle the load unless something has changed since awhile back (I have no idea).

Just a thought. Open for comments, etc. :)

Edited By Baak on 1121139803
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Possability? why yes sir, in fact we have a working one already!

That said, it's a long ways from being ready for the public, there is no ranking at present, and no means to accept and process account registrations, no website frontend, etc. So, yes it is entirely feasible, we're just not sure yet if it's an appropriate avenue to explore.

I've spoken with Conner and been assured that mnet WILL be up again by august 1st (seems they had a bit of a melt down just recently). However, the exact nature of it's return has yet to be nailed down.

We'll just have to wait a bit longer and see how it all pans out.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Baak

Post by Baak »

Sweet! :D

Figured you guys would be on top of this, but it is very reassuring to know that something is in the works.

We'll just have to sit back and see what happens - oh, the drama... the drama... :roll:

I think mb they just needed some positive feedback since they probably get mostly negative. Who knows.

Whew, now I can get back to finishing my Myth goodies! Dang, don't want this stuff to go to waste... :;):

Edited By Baak on 1121135713
CIK

Post by CIK »

I wouldn't say Magma is actively doing anything. Myrd spent a few minutes to compiled the open source metaserver on this server, based on the open soruce that folks had worked on enhancing after Playmyth released the updated open source server a while back. This was all over a year ago and was mostly to be able to test things in private and nothing more.

Mnet on the other hand is actively working on their server.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

From what I hear, Magma has a fair share of the power in MariusNet anyway. I can't confirm that of course.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Hey guys, its me,

It is unfortunate that this crap should happen at a time when I am not able to have computer access very frequently, but it is good that things are in the hands of magma.

I trust you guys tons, and if pmnet really does go down, I am glad that you are there to catch us.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

The Elfoid wrote:From what I hear, Magma has a fair share of the power in MariusNet anyway. I can't confirm that of course.
Elfoid you don't need to refer to Magma as if we aren't right here. If someone has a question about something they can ask us, we are on these forums quite frequently. Spreading rumors and partial information is not helpful it's better to just direct people to the source since we are more than willing to answer.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

And on that note; Yes, magma does have a significant stake in mnet, but only because Conner and Marius give us one.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Orlando the Axe wrote:
Elfoid you don't need to refer to Magma as if we aren't right here. If someone has a question about something they can ask us, we are on these forums quite frequently. Spreading rumors and partial information is not helpful it's better to just direct people to the source since we are more than willing to answer.

Easy up man, I wasn't trying to offend. I was saying what I heard. Since I believe PM won't go down, I saw little point in caring, or asking.

Doobie, does Marius himself exist anymore? A player with some dodgy English (he was brazillian) said he is dead...
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Marius isn't dead. :P

A friend of Conner's, but never really much of a player, his main interest was coding a metaserver from scratch. Having done that, he eventually retired from the community.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Really? I thought he became one with the machine and changed his name to Eliza? You can still talk to him.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em