PMnet dies aug 1st, sign my petition to stop it - See Title

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

woah a dyslexic person would read TB's post as 'biggie willie'.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
capital

Post by capital »

Horus â„¢ wrote:Blades wrote

P.S. I'm closing the topic because I'm hoping to move the conversation along. I do appreciate the kind words and sentiment expressed in posts here.
heheh, Locked!
Horus

Post by Horus »

I get flamed and made fun of because I care about Myth, oh yes how fun.

So I flame back and people act all offended, jeese.

Gj copy pasting, I do tend to edit out things I don't mean (ie if I post while being emotional, rather than rational).

All my posts are now removed from this thread, except this one.

Playmyth and Have Fun
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

That does not make it any better kiddo. That's like blades fireing off an email to cancle your hosting and regretting it a few days later. What you are supporting is not myth but the ego trip of a megalomatic
“LORD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”
Sarah Noelle Pratt Ferguson
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Horus ol' plum... it was a stupid post. No point editing it or removing it. People have the abilitiy (some of 'em anyway) to figure out if a person has written something in haste or anger or whatever.

What are you, George Lucas? "Oh damn I said something embarrassing, EDIT!". Live with it - I thought you were a mapmaker! You've got to have a thick skin, if you're going to cope with the people who hate your maps. (there's always someone out there).

You didn't get flamed. And you weren't made fun of because you care about Myth. You got made fun of because, well - you were acting like me when I'm drunk.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Shocker

Post by Shocker »

I signed that petition. I feel like a complete douchebag now. Last post before Blades' lock too. >_< Let it be known that I'm not a rabid fanboy, just a naive idiot.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

I don't think the majority of people who took part in that thread were rabid fanbois, I'd reserve that title for maybe the 3 top posters at pmnet over the past couple of days (I think we all know who I'm talkin about).
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
fear

Post by fear »

I personally don't see why everyone is screaming "Playmyth sucks, go to marius.net." And here's a few reasons.

#1 - GodCops is trying to rally people to marius.net. I mean, come on, this is godcops. Have you guys ever been around him? And he wants control on marius.net? Please guys. Everyone on myth has wanted a clean, unabusive environment, to where you can go into a ranked game, make a mistake, and everyone says "no problem, try next time" or "do this next time." Do you guys REALLY think this is going to change switching to Marius.net where at the beginning almost 90% of the people there were BANNED from playmyth for the exact reason WHY you are stating to move to marius.net.

#2 - Marius.net has claimed it will be somewhat like an adminless environment. That means, if godcops and his buddies feel like going on a 48 hour rant on you, booting you from every game, calling you racial slurs you don't want to hear, by all means, what is to stop them? And you guys are bashing playmyth for doing what you guys have always asked them to do. All this "Playmyth sucks!" arguements are because you don't like Blades. Well, shit, I don't like blades, and I fucking hate clem 1000x over. But, I want a game where I can go on with friends, play in an evironment where if someone starts up some shit, I can screenshot it, send it in, and watch that person not play and get an attitude adjustment while I continue to play in an environment I can enjoy. People thought bungie.net was bad, but playmyth got worse. Now that playmyth slapped an ultimatum on the table to say "Clean up, or go somewhere else" everyone whines like a little baby and screams, "We have marius.net!" Fine, go play on marius.net. You guys left marius.net in the first place because you couldn't cuss in the lobby. You can cuss in the myth lobby, as long as it does not or is not directed at someone else in a derogitory manner.

Tell me, honestly, would you walk up to someone (and no offense meant here, this is just an example to show my point) and say "You a little cock sucking nigger bitch." and expect that person not to do something or let you alone for saying it? Try it. Walk up to a black dude you don't know, say that, and tell me how fucking black and blue your face is. The reason we need playmyth and the playmyth admins is because these children(who might be 40) grow these internet balls to say anything to someone else for the purpose of their own amusement. Would you want to come online after you mother died and have someone start bashing on your mom because they think it was funny. It fucking hurts people to see this shit, and because I believe firmly in all of this, I stand by the decision Blades has slapped up. While I may not like Blades, I respect him for putting and paying for the pmnet server. I respect Alan, Bloo, Aaron, and other PMAs for keeping the place in line. Good ridance to anyone who wants to go to marius.net. Hell, fuck it, here's the link, bye.. Marius.net Website

This is just my opinion, and if you choose to make fun of me, flame me, or whatever, so be it. I don't even care if this gets me banned from here. I've always had an active part in the myth community, always kept it clean, and I see people who don't see this shit everyday fighting along side those who are the problem. So if you wanna join godcops, liger, asiancops, ravener, etc on mnet, by all means, do so. But with them on mnet, I see that server being offline by Christmas because Conner will get tired of the shit posts and emails from all of you guys. Playmyth will be open to you guys, and I bet even William here, who holds a massive grudge against pmnet it seems, will be on their sucking ass to the admins.

That's all I have to say and whatever happens, happens because of it. I can't stand to see people flame and harrass someone like horus because he believes the system works, unlike you do.

Edited By fear on 1121282879
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

Kiddo we are not talking about a move to marius.net. We are talking about how emo Blades is and that he will not shut down the whole bloody server. That's all there is to it, so stop sucking up to him, this is exactly what he wants. By posting things like you just did fear, you are helping the terrorists err blades win.

Edited By CyberBob on 1121284955
“LORD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”
fear

Post by fear »

Back to MariusNET you go!

Example 1

Champagne! Happy August 1st!

Example 2

I'm mainly refering this post to those 2. William (who endlessly bashes pmnet and the pma admins for their jobs they do, claiming he's tired of all this "stuff", yet with his supporting playmyth demise, he's siding with the same guys who he doesn't want to play with).

This post was more of a frustration from everyone I've read everywhere before claiming the problems on playmyth net and believing that they will be instantly solved on marius.net. I support magma, even though there are things I have not liked in the past with testing. I'm just a little frustrated with the attitudes people are showing just because they don't like Blades. I know magma and Blades have not had an excelent history together. But thats the past, and when the lawsuit issue was brought up, Blades didn't even remember at first, so who is harboring ill will here? (or so it seems).

I am just tired of the bashing of people who work their asses off to keep dumbasses like godcops off the server, and then people who don't want to be around someone like that, screaming "Champagne! Happy August 1st!" , knowing mnet is going to be filled with cheaters, wanks, etc.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

You are not gonna get banned from the forums, we don't operate like that around here.
I for one don't care about the lobby trash talk but I am affected when the number of quality players and games goes down. I think there are better ways of going about the situation than banning people (try a permamute instead?). I also think it is BS to ban people over what they say in-game. I also think the problem is no worse than it ever has been, even on Bungie.net.
That being said I seriously doubt Blades would pull the plug. If he wanted to he would just do it. He doesn't even play this game anymore so why does he care to keep it open? To be a nice guy? I appreciate the services he has offered over the years, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go along when he makes decisions I don't agree with.
The yearly "something's gotta change" drama followed by a "retiring from myth" routine is getting old, I'd prefer if he would either do something or stop talking about once and for all it so we can all move on.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Yeah, umm, Fear, your points are reasonable, but I think there's an underlying issue that has nothing to do with anything you've just written. If Blades wants to ban people that continually break the, admittedly rather fair, rules on his server: fine, great! Agreed, let them move to Mnet; at least they'll still have a place to play and be out of the hair of friendly players like me and you.

What's made some people suspicious however, is the way Blades went about it. Why not just ban the few offenders and be done with it? Why a melodrama, DEMANDING that people who have nothing to do with the situation or even care about it, start "cleaning the place up" (if you're not with me, you're with the terrorists mb?) or he'll pull the plug? That on it's own, is just stupidity, but there's still more to it...

Blades doesn't exactly have a reputation for decent, mature or honest judgement, as demonstrated by him making phone calls to Magma's former webhost with accusations of a "hate site" and offering illegal downloads. And how many threads have been locked just for disagreeing with him? I'm still banned from the forums for teasing clem during one of spouts of bile. The fact that in your wildest dreams you'd even suggest that you might be banned from this forum for your post, kinda shows how conditioned to that kind of treatment many have become.

The whole point is, Blades gets the community riled up and scared with threats of punishing innocent people, and the result down the line is it makes it easier for him to start ousting anyone who questions how things are run, or that he simply doesn't like, or god forbid, talks back to clem during one of "I hate the Myth community!" routines like I did. Even if that's not his conscious manipulation, it can still has the same effect, and he's hardly the type to be above using it.

And don't get me wrong, I like playing on PMnet, and I appreciate it, but only in the sense that I appreciate a bad host, that for some reason, all the other people I want to play with have joined. It may be Blades' server, but it's still OUR community. Blades, however, sometimes has trouble making the distinction. If he believed there was an easy and quick alternative to PMnet when he said he might shut it down (Mnet wasn't working at the time remember, and this is the guy who once got a lawyer to threaten to sue Mnet in order to try to monopolize Myth) I bet he'd never have made the threat - and that's why many of us aren't eager to show any support.
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

Oh and yea, that's also why a lot of us will celebrate if he finally gives up myth for good.
fear

Post by fear »

ChrisP wrote:What's made some people suspicious however, is the way Blades went about it. Why not just ban the few offenders and be done with it? Why a melodrama, DEMANDING that people who have nothing to do with the situation or even care about it, start "cleaning the place up" (if you're not with me, you're with the terrorists mb?) or he'll pull the plug? That on it's own, is just stupidity, but there's still more to it...
I honestly, and a first didn't, agree with what Blades did though. Admins have always asked for people to submit stuff. It didn't work. People stopped caring and so the abuse continued to climax on myth. It is our community, and I don't see Blades as using his power to clean up HIS server, but to clean up OUR community. Yes, blades has many things wrong with him, I agree. I don't even see why Clem has forum permissions over there, because, honestly, Clem ranks about the same as godcops with me, 10 levels lower than dick head.

I think the Shock Factor blades implemented was what myth needed. Like everyone said, Myth was already on life support. Wasn't Blades announcement just like myth having a heart attack and Blades using the electric shock thing (defibrillator) to try and restart it. Myth is like a dying heart. Only so much can be tried, and I believe Blades is loosing hope in OUR community.

Maybe Blades does have a personal vendetta, power trip reason to do this, but, ultimately, from what I have seen, it's working. People in the community who enjoy a good game with friends are able to do the same still. People who worship godcops can follow him to mariusnet, because, honestly, I don't see marius working. Maybe, possibly you;ve been banned from pmnet for reasons unfair and unjust. Why god and asian felt that way, I don't know, but the response back to an admin is not "Fuck you". I was put on a restricted account in which I could only play unranked because someone pm'd me on pmnet forums, and I have it to send to my email address. My email address(ISP) keeps blocking pmnet for some reason. All I had to do was talk to Aaron and Alan, and I got everything worked out. It took awhile, only because there was an admin meeting going on. During that time, I watched some of these players who are now banned waiting to talk to the admins, talking a ton of shit while the admins were in a game, but the second they came to the lobby, they kissed ass immediately.

Like I said, I don't necessarily like Blades, and honestly think he can be a dick head or an asshole at times, but he is fronting the bill for myth right now. People left mnet for pmnet because they felt the rules were better on pmnet. They haven't changed, yet now people still complain about them. I think anything pmnet does has some purpose behind it meant for the good intentions for the community. I think more of Playmyth as the admins such as Aaron, Alan, Bloo. I rarely see Blades, but when I do see him on, almost always someone starts flaming him. If thats all he ever sees, of course his image will be different from others. I don't see the unranked people's points very well with ranked, because I play in games almost every day with someone I consider a complete and utter noob. When I started myth, I sucked ass and it was how I learned, to be told what I needed to do to improve and I try to pass the information along. But now-a-days, these noobs are coming from other games being the "godly hackers" or whatever that made them "godly" and they don't give a damn. I told a guy in a game the other day that in ww2, it's best to keep moving, and the reply I got was "fuck you little faggot bitch" and he dropped. Those are people I want gone.

I have grown up around racism my entire life, and unlike most who grow up with it and become attached to it, I resent it. I am white, but I don't think that makes me better than anyone else or give me the right to call a black man a nigger. As with a saying in Coach Carter (DVD), everyone deserves respect. In the movie, everyone on the team is referred to as "Sirs". When someone says "nigger" in the movie, Samuel L Jackson Charactor says "Nigger, is a derrogatory term used to make a black man lower than yourself, and therefore, you are disrespecting everyone you speak to and yourself by saying it." (or something like that). I feel that way about a gaming server.

I played Diablo 2 on battle.net for a good 5-6 months, ditching myth to the background. You know what pulled me back? The good natured people in the community. The administration that says "Hey, I dont wanna see a name like LynchNiggers". Don't believe u won't see those names online on other games? Go look. Playmyth has been a haven away from these derogatory comments, and I feel passionate that if the community was sent to Marius.net because pmnet did shut down, we would see anarchy, dummying, etc. Everything that made bungie.net bad. If you ask anyone who was on bungie.net, they could tell you almost an entire page of logins they had and accounts. I personally had 3. 2 legit, 1 was a friends he gave me. I bought Myth II with my own $60 when it came out, and this has been the game I love and want to keep playing as long as I can. I have met great friends who I hope to stay in touch with after myth is over with. I've also met people who I wish I never had met.

Is it bad that Blades wants a better community? Is everyone just missing the point because some shit was thrown in the past? Yes, Blades can be an asshole, but even assholes can be good people sometimes. (Although some decided to keep asshole mode on 24/7).

I think the main reason I made the post here was I was seeing people laugh at Horus because Horus cares. He felt that the issue Blades needed to see was a community that was willing to stand up and get rid of the assholes. My opinion with posting in the petition horus wrote was my belief that everyone there was signing the petition to say "I am going to do my part to make myth a better experience." Don't leave it up to Blades and the PMAs, because they can't do all the work.
CyberBob

Post by CyberBob »

fear wrote:It is our community, and I don't see Blades as using his power to clean up HIS server, but to clean up OUR community.
You are absolutely correct. That is what he is trying to do. Even though the only legitimate thing he may do is clean up his server because it is his property. Team Blades - Myth Police.