Dwarf Haxor Tournament - For the fear masters

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Hello everyone, a few years ago, I came up with the idea of having dwarven fear contest. The idea is that everyone modifies a dwarf with new special abilities, then we pit these dwarves into a map and have some kind of gladiator combat. Naturally, some rules must be respected such as maintaining the collection of a dwarf, using the same object for your dwarf and some other restrictions on the use of projectiles.

I am looking for 7 others fearer that would be interested in such an event.

The rules :
Dwarf Haxor Tournament

Dwarf requirements : These are the things that your dwarf must respect when you are making it.

-You can’t modify the object of the dwarf. All of them will use the same settings.

10.000 of vitality instead of the usual 2.5.

-Sequences can’t be modified, except for attack.

-Flags can’t be modified.

-Dwarf collection must be used.

-Your dwarf must use a unique string list, I will not start making them for you.

Attacks limitations :

-If you use a melee attack, its range must be between 0.000 and 1.500

-Maximum range is 20.000

-Recovery time > 2.000s, even if you use a reflexive attack(like a wight or satchel charge)

Note that you can use as many repetitions as you like. The recovery time will stack and you won’t be able to reuse your attack for a while.

-Recovery time experience delta can be set to 0.5

Things you can change:

-Turn speed

-Walk speed, maximum is 0.060

-Type of terrain it can walk on.

Projectiles :

-No artifacts

-No lightnings

-No centered on target unless its a melee attack(which has a range limit of 2.000)

-No guided, unless its guided turning speed is set to 0

Damage window :

-Max dmg of 1.0 per projectile.

-No stone and charm

-Max explosive radius, 2.0

-Attack cannot paralyse,stun, or confuse.

NEW -Max projectiles in a projectile group : 6

IMPORTANT : You may not modify a default tag, use your own or duplicate existing ones. I will not go around and rename your tags if you do so. If one default tag is modified I will revert it to default and your dwarf may not fire what it was supposed to do. If map crashed after I revert to default, you will be eliminated.

If you are interested, post here and we'll discuss about the tournaments day later.
Tournament will be 5 games that we play.
1st place : 5 pts
2nd place : 3pts
3rd place : 1pt
Top kill : 2pts
Top dmg : 3pts

Winner will be awarded the golden cocktail!

Participants to date
-Zeph
-Captain Trips
-Phex
-Lothar
-
-
-
-
Phex

Post by Phex »

:cool: Nice idea, im interested to participate!
Jagman

Post by Jagman »

Oooh, funky idea.
It seems to be though that the conditions at the moment wouldn't really guarantee a fair match, or allow heaps of variation.
Though this would mean alot more work, why not judge the units to see if they're at a certain cost rating, like 12, and use a set of restrictions to make it easier to judge this.

And this would be ALOT of work, balancing units is real tricky especially considering all different strategies.
Of course if you decided to do this, it would probably not hurt to expand the competition to non dorf units, seeing as how thatd be alot of work already. The pro's would be a flourishing of creativity, the con's a flourishing of complaints.

Ok so i want morts!!! HEHEH
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

I think maybe have a comp for the originality of the effects and such, and then have a duke out, just for kicks.

Because having a fight is just too damned unbalanced.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Hmmmm. MB count me in? I made a really badass dwarf once that was cool without being stupid, so I might like this. What will the damge ratios on the object tag look like?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

the idea is not balance, its all about the BEST ULTRA POWERFUL DORF to beat everyone :D
Phex

Post by Phex »

Lothar wrote:What will the damge ratios on the object tag look like?

I would propose regular dwarf values, meaning 1.0 everywhere (paralysis 1.125, but it isnt allowed anyway).

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Because having a fight is just too damned unbalanced.

Thats part of the idea of this competition I think.

Zeph wrote:its all about the BEST ULTRA POWERFUL DORF to beat everyone

Reminds me of Munchkin somehow... :)

EDIT: Which maps will be used?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

the map will varie with the amount of players we have. We used to play on proving grounds with 5-6 players. But if we reach 10 players we'll have to use a much bigger map such as Desert or Winter.

To answer the question about object dmg ratio. I will be keeping the same object as a normal dwarf, but instead of having a vitality of 2.1, it is going to be 10.000 Ratios are all at 1.000 and 1.250 for paralyse
Jagman

Post by Jagman »

hell, if its just about creating some cool effects, throw balance to the wind..
just a few other things, firstly the conditions rule out standard dorf cocktails! 1.0 dmg isnt much.. is that for blast damages too?
2ndly, there a limit as to just how flashy the effect is; CPU lag-wise and such
3rdly, is there any limit to how many projectiles are created by an attack, and as such how many damaging projectiles are produced.. damage is still completely unrestricted otherwise
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

jagman and trips pointed out that there should be a limit on the number of created projectiles in a "Projectile group". This limit is now 6 per attack. Why 6? Because I felt it wasn't too much :D
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I have a good little hax0r I could enter for fun, but you'd have to forego the guided limitation, the projectile turns slowly, and also moves very slowly, so it does actually balance out.
Also the damage limits are not very nice, 1.0 damage is nothing, dwarf molotovs are 5 to 6 (which my projectile sticks to).

You could always give each player one of each dwarf type and see which ones fair well.

Couldn't the guidelines just say "your unit must be roughly equal to a regular dwarf" and leave it with that? Lot's of regulations, although you've obviously thought hard about them, aren't as fun, especially with such a flexible game :)

Edited By haravikk on 1121447377
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Could you set a mellee dorf that is like rotd zerks except 1 attack drains mana and mana doesnt regenerate? so they are hitting for a lot more and a lot faster?
capital

Post by capital »

What map will this contest use? Will everyone know ahead of time what other player's dwarfs can do?
capital

Post by capital »

capital wrote:What map will this contest use? Will everyone know ahead of time what other player's dwarfs can do?
I'm glad someone responded to my questions. hmm... knock knock?
Phex

Post by Phex »

Zeph said:
the map will varie with the amount of players we have. We used to play on proving grounds with 5-6 players. But if we reach 10 players we'll have to use a much bigger map such as Desert or Winter.

But Zeph does not seem to be responding himself. Is this idea already outdated?