MAzzarin's Demise V - Coming soon

Talk about anything here.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

I still want to know how he has a mort with him. If he can take stuff from the future why doesnt he grab more powerful allies? ie dwarven tanks or airships? or even trows carrying bazookas
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

because the map is about killing stuff and having fun not staying true to the story line.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Mazz was a shade when Alric was an avatara. Just play 'The Watcher'.

So, unless SB had time travelling abili - NO.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

Subzero wrote:I still want to know how he has a mort with him. If he can take stuff from the future why doesnt he grab more powerful allies? ie dwarven tanks or airships? or even trows carrying bazookas
he was having sexual intercourse with them (he has a thing for hot tempered midgets), thats why
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Mb tanks and bazookas aren't in the future of the Myth world. Or mb even if he read about them, Mazzarin didn't have the technology to recreate things like that. Or mb, being an arch-mage, Mazzarin would have disdained our modern level of technology. Or mb, just mb, OtA is right. :P
Industry

Post by Industry »

I think the storyline fits fine. The flavor is at least self-consistent. The reason that Mazzarin has a mort with him is surrounded himself with heroes and gave them all sorts of artifacts. The reason we don't see legions of mortar dorfs after this time is pretty evident in the title. If Mazz buys it, I'm pretty sure Thurgul didn't make it either.;)
Shocker

Post by Shocker »

Mazzarin doesn't have a huge super-army with him because his time was probably limited. He pulled together the best people he could get a hold of, and found what artifacts and technologies he could through the Codex. Thurgul's mortar cannon is probably unique in Mazz's time. Mazz very well may have built it himself from designs he found in the Codex. I think Mazz did what he could with the time he had. And Mazz 5 kinda shows that it was too little, too late, sadly. :roll:

And yes, this is what we nerds do. If the storyline isn't right there, we'll speculate until the end of time. Best get used to it. :D
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Maybe the next Leveller wins and these troops are the most advanced that ever appear

who cares anyways
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Gleep FoG

Post by Gleep FoG »

I care! Long Live Mazz!
woof

Post by woof »

Based on the amount of times I've sustained friendly-fire from mort, I'm pretty sure that any survivors of The Great Battle would have searched through the waste deep offal for Thurgul's mortar, found it, and have it disassembled, piece by piece, to be scattered to the far corners of the lands, where the arcane melange would be fed, including the nuts and bolts, to camels, llamas, Billy goats, yaks, and yetis, their dung cast across the cornfields... the season's harvest set ablaze.

Edited By woof on 1124393253
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

It would be better to simply feed the morts user to a pack of wolves
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

woof wrote:Based on the amount of times I've sustained friendly-fire from mort, I'm pretty sure that any survivors of The Great Battle would have searched through the waste deep offal for Thurgul's mortar, found it, and have it disassembled, piece by piece, to be scattered to the far corners of the lands, where the arcane melange would be fed, including the nuts and bolts, to camels, llamas, Billy goats, yaks, and yetis, their dung cast across the cornfields... the season's harvest set ablaze.

Wow. There is some pent up biterness. We better tell gil, stat.

And now it occurs to me, maybe mazz V does have duff tanks and bazooka trow. There is no telling!
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

You guys are still complaining about hacing Soulblighter in RotD? :O

It was Mazz's DREAM, and he DID read the Codex... and dreams are reflections of what is in our heads... But of course, Mazz's dreams were particularly malicious, bcuz if he ends up dead in his dream, he ends up just plain DEAD, like he's in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

And yes, people CAN die from dreams in real life.

Seriously!
Archer

Post by Archer »

Lothar wrote:And yes, people CAN die from dreams in real life.
Stress responses triggering heart attacks, yeah.

Actually, it's even more probable here. There's a lot of evidence that dream imagery matches emotional content, not the other way around. It's not that Mazz dreams of fighting the Watcher and gets stressed out, Mazz is stressed out in his sleep and so his mind creates an image that would create his emotional state (battling the Watcher).

So what we decide during his dream is if Mazz starts feeling good about himself during the dream or not.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Dio

Post by Dio »

Wow...you guys need help ;)
Just play the game and have fun. Due to my hyper activity...I will only play 1 game of Mazz V. Sorry. Last game of Mazz IV I played..I fell asleep 1 hour into it. Man that was a bad neck ache when I woke up to see everyone gone. :blush:
I enjoy the Mazz games and thank you for making them!
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert