Twice Born - My veterans are gonna die

Talk about anything here.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

::Apologies if this has been asked/discussd before::

Not sure if this is a consequence of the work done on Twice Born for version 1.5.1 but having rediscovered Myth recently and playing it again through on Heroic to get myself back into things, why is it that all my veteran archers that I have nursed and cajoled through every level (like Gregori with his 176 kills) appear on the computer controlled teams and therefore will die as cannon fodder as they're out of my control. I am left with 8 newbies to control (no levels fought, no kills) yet curiously my three dorfs are the veterans I have taken through the game so far. It's frustrating to say the least.

Don't really fancy facing The Forge with archers who have, at best, one level experience and a few kills.

Currently I am sending my heron guards left, my berserks right, leaving Alric to do his thing in the middle on his own in an attempt to keep the archers alive but am having little success at the moment.

I have kept restarting the level in the hope it reassigns my veterans to my team (I'd settle for just a couple of them) but no joy.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

This doesn't answer your question, but it may ease your pain to know that standard Myth units only vet up to 5 kills. Be it 6 kills, or 176, the bonus effect on the unit is exactly the same as just 5 kills.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

I have heard this complaint before, and, no, there is no way for those veterans to be assigned to your team.

Blame Magma for screwing with the level. I know I do. :cry:
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

you can cheat and skip the level, thus keeping your vets. Messy but it works (I think, not much of a solo player).
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

just hit control + (i think)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Actually found a way round without cheating:

1. Moved plugins folder to my desktop
2. Opened Twice Born in Loathing (without the plugins this was now the original Twice Born)
3. Moved one of the dwarven observers slightly - just to activate the Save command
4. Saved it and quit Loathing
5. Put my plugins folder back into my Myth folder
6. Ran Myth and opened up my save file for Twice Born
7. Not surprisingly, got "out of Sync" message so restarted level and hey presto, all my vet archers were now where they should be.
8. Sent archers and Alric forward and whooped some Myrkridian ass.

This way I get the benefits of 1.5.1 but the original Twice Born. Nice.