WHY SIT!?!?!?!??!

Talk about anything here.
girm

Post by girm »

Goddamnit I'm not gonna download that bloody spyware program so I can unpack the rotd file.

Someone release a zip file :(
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Girm,
you are kidding right?

StuffIt is not spyware, it's BetterWare. It makes things slightly smaller than Zip, and guess what? It's the same as WinZip - as in you don't have to really pay for it (though you should after a while).

Reading that post of yours made me really really glad I put all my stuff in .sit format. :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Time for a reality check william. Grim is completely correct, stuffit(At least the windows version) is a total piece of crap. I second the vote for a zip version. Please save us the pain and suffering.
capital

Post by capital »

Sometimes to sit is more comfortable than standing.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Time for a reality check william. Grim is completely correct, stuffit(At least the windows version) is a total piece of crap. I second the vote for a zip version. Please save us the pain and suffering. "

Time for your mum. Seriously - I have never had an issue with it on Mac or PC. And if it makes things just that little bit smaller, then I'm going to use it.

I wouldn't worry, I'm on my own in this matter - and nobody plays my maps, so what's the fuss?
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

check my uploads folder, i upped a zipped archive with RotD (just the plug, no readme,... forgot to do that)

it's the "magma - Requiem ....." file, not the other requiem file

if you don't see it, check the released plugins folder in 1.5 section, it means i had it moved to that location by an admin
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

it's been moved
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

winrar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stuffit . gg
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

mcchazo wrote:winrar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stuffit . gg
i zipped it with stuffit for windows :)
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

why dont ya .7z it while ur at it....what a useless topic, sit has been used for a long time...I personally think its just the fact that stuffit doesnt start with "win" which somehow scares most proud windows users...
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Sure it does. Well it has 'win' in it. It's the Stuff of Winners!
mcchazo

Post by mcchazo »

GizmoHB wrote:why dont ya .7z it while ur at it....what a useless topic, sit has been used for a long time...I personally think its just the fact that stuffit doesnt start with "win" which somehow scares most proud windows users...
or possibly due to the fact that stuffit is completely worthless on a pc besides unraring a .sit which NEVER happens. winrar > all on pc and everyone uses .rar / .tar with old fashion .zip ppl here and there
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well - it's not as though I don't use .zip anyway. I need DropZip to put pk3's into Jedi Knight. And sometimes it's the diplomatic thing to do to release something in a zip.
But when Myth is concerned I just go for the .sit. I thought you were all Mac users anyway.

Ok, I'll try and put it simply so I myself can understand it:

It does not matter which one people use, so long as it's usable on all/most platforms. .sit and .zip happen to be very easy to use on both machines (because I do it all the time, and if I can do it, so can you) so yeah. Just use one of those and quit whining.
grim

Post by grim »

So is that zip file coming anytime soon?
:-)
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

so... it's been there since 4th september...

click to download