1.5 comments - Post 'em here

Talk about anything here.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

"It's never too late"

Exactly when will the final be released Iron? I know I have a film somewhere of bullets still "passing" a unit in build 224. I'll upload it this afternoon.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
grim

Post by grim »

Igmo already reported the trow bug where you can unfreeze your trow by pressing space and clicking on the ground, right?
:-)
thief of chickens

Post by thief of chickens »

iron wrote:http://www.playmyth.net - look in the Downloads section.
Thank you!!!

It's pretty realistic, I like it. The green bombs fly so far away, though. They don't seem very useful.
Check out my diablo 2 characts on ebay. www.ebay.com
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

you have to click halfway to the target if you want them to hit your enemy.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Yes grim, that's under control. Hey Kru - what's your film called, and where/when should I look for the bug during the film?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Whiskey Jack

Post by Whiskey Jack »

iron wrote:Stone ... was your ordermate running OS9 as well?

Whiskey, sorry its running so slowly for you. With 1.4.1 through 1.4.4 generally you had a choice of Classic or Carbon apps. Which were you running back then? 1.5 is Carbon only at the moment. And I assume you're using RAVE (not 3dfx)?

I'm using Rave, and it's better than the alternative, but the lag remains constant. I've got the latest carbon update for 1.5. Shouldn't that help? I notice that a lot of players have a similar problem, but some do not. Any idea what they have going for them that I don't?

I'm trying to play and host on a full t1, but it seems like the lag is caused by the video. I can host and no one on my host lags except me - that's a real comedown from earlier releases.

Dave
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you lag worst only when hosting? That is, when playing on someone else's host there's less lag and when playing in a solo game there's no lag at all? If so, my guess is its a networking issue with the 1.5 beta. We've spent a lot of work optimizing this area, so hopefully the final beta will address the problem.

If however you're getting bad fps (which btw you can check by typing shift-Delete ingame) everywhere then please let me know.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Baak

Post by Baak »

I know this is a bit late, but I encountered this *late* last night:

Using 1.4.3 we've played the Leggo III tagset on the map "Knuckle of the Oasis" and we consistently hard crash Myth II after playing for awhile - with no log file generated.

We thought this was just something to do with the map/tagset conflicting (although no log file was created).

Last night I was testing one of my maps with the L3 tagset and it did the same thing - hard crash while moving the units to the center, and no log file generated. As far as I recall, I hadn't done anything but moved towards the center.

I'm going to test it tonight with 1.5b1 and see if it isn't something to do with the limitation of objects/projectiles - the odd thing is that it hard crashes with no log file.

If it still happens in 1.5b1 then I will post to the bug thread right away.

If anyone else wants to try in the meantime, just put the L3 tagset on Knuckle of the Oasis and play for awhile - it took us close to 7 minutes on that map to hit the crash point, but it happened to us twice on different nights.

Normally I play on WinMe, but my test on my map last night was Win2KPro.

I'll let you know as soon as I can test it later tonight.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Ok - now I am only running the maps with the Leggo III Tagset on 1.5 b1 by myself, so this may differ from actual play, but two things I see that are interesting:

(1) No hard crash while moving for Knuckle or my own map - both ran for 30 minutes just fine, so perhaps one of those odd bugs from 1.3 or 1.4 that were fixed helped here! :D

(2) What's weird though is that for every 3rd party map I loaded with the Leggo III Tagset on 1.5 b1, the map pregame image was fine in the Game Options but once ready to actually play (on the main screen ready to push Start Game), the pregame image was replaced by the generic gray map of the Myth world image and it says "0 Starts"! And yet it plays just fine!

So... mb there is something just with the Leggo III Tagset, but it might be worth checking into why it does this - just load the tagset with any 3rd party map (it doesn't do this to the standard maps).

I'll let you know if I see anything else.
Paul E

Post by Paul E »

Iron?..."Open Saved Game" in public beta 1: MythII crashes every time for me...I'm on Mac 10.3.2, dual 2Ghz G5, Radeon 9800, 1.5 Gig RAM...Thanks
ducky

Post by ducky »

Baak: I think I've encountered similar issues using weirdobodomons. There are cases where you can hard crash consistently in a multiplayer game, and never crash while doing the same thing in solo.

Example: Playing Duff riot (tfl mappack) on Weirdobodomons will hard crash you on multiplayer (I don't remember whether playing by yourself on multiplayer does this but I think that's safe) whenever you use the dorf's T-click attack (lobbing a huge satchel charge quite a ways). I'm pretty certain that this is the case on all maps played multiplayer with weirdo-ized pathfinders.

Moreover, the same thing happens with weirdo-ized mahir aka suicidal pickle barrels. When they attack a unit, they charge and explode into a TON of pickles that fly everywhere, and I think it's the debris attack that kills your unit (though there might be some area dmg, I'm not quite clear on that.. all I know is to STAY THE HELL AWAY from those damn things). On multiplayer, the pickle explosion SOMETIMES (I've seen it work without crashing once or twice- and then it would crash on the 2nd or 3rd explosion).

I'm pretty sure the pickle crash is a projectile limit crash; the same type of crash caused by overuse of spider speeders (this is easily replicated on vivid frenzy). I really don't know what causes the shotput dwarf (weirdo-ized pathfinder) to crash, but I do know that it is linked with the aforementioned crashes in that THESE CRASHES ONLY HAPPEN IN MULTIPLAYER, NOT SOLO.

Funny that you bring all of this up.. I hadn't even thought of reporting this until now. For starters, this kind of crash has been in every version of myth I've played weirdo in (well, 1.4-1.5... and I actually, the only crash I've done in 1.5 was in killing the projectile limit on stamp dk deathmatch with 3 others). Plus, I've always thought it was the kind of thing you couldn't really change (ie. projectile limit).

But anyway, I think this is the same sort of thing that's happening with Baak.
ducky

Post by ducky »

@#^@#$ double post
Baak

Post by Baak »

Interesting - definitely get a kick out of weirdo (even if I have no idea what the heck I'm doing 99% of the time) - I'll have to check out those mahir! :lol:

Where this appears to differ from my experience with the L3 Tagset is that I got the hard crash in 1.4.3 when all I was doing was moving (hosted myself so I was the only player) - this struck me as particularly odd.

Also, although it appears that nasty bug is gone in 1.5b1 (yay!) it is strange that the pregame is overwritten when going to play (map pregame image gone and replaced with generic image - and it shows zero starts). And this only happens with 3rd party maps.

Funky.