Compiling a Single Player Map - I need to know how!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Psyched

Post by Psyched »

I apologise if it's been aksed before (and realistically, there's no chance it hasn't); but I cannot locate any threads regarding this using the search.

Okay, so basically, I've added a mesh, a sound, and some text in Fear. I've tried compiling them to a plugin but when I activate it, it doesn't appear on the list of maps either in MP or SP. Therefore, I need help in making it work together. Thanks in advance if you can provide it.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hey Psyched,
I'm having two thoughts:

1. In Fear, it must be ticked as a single player level, or be ticked off for at least one game type (depending on what kind of mesh you've made).

2. If it's a solo level, you must hold shift down (in this case, it's in the plugins window when you press 'OK').

Hope that it's one of those two problems,
Willy Wally.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Not sure if you're trying to start a mesh from scratch, or if you're just modifying some existing thing, but if it's the former, you need to make sure you have at least one "observer" placed on the map and assigned to a team. This is effectively the starting point for the player's camera.
Mauglir
Psyched

Post by Psyched »

Thanks both of you - I tried shift + new game and it worked. I was modifying an existing mesh.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

make sure 'is complete' is also checked. If it's not, your map will be displayed in red if it's a single player map and not at all if multiplayer.