OOS when viewing Mazz V win film

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

When I try to watch the recorded win of Mazz V on Heroic it goes out of sync at about 3 minutes in, every single time. I'm updated to 1.5.1 build 261. I've emptied the local folder, killed all other apps, tried different internal resolutions, that sort of thing, no dice.

Any idea what could be causing this?
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Ok, going back to the base 1.5.1 version seems to let me watch it...once anyway. Hopefully more than that too.
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Okay...it fixes it *once*. I can watch the film when I load Myth immediately after running the 12 meg 1.5.1 updater. After I quit and load Myth again, the film will go OOS after a couple minutes. Weird.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Just to rule out the obvious, you are watching the film with version 2 of Mazzarin's Demise V, right? When selecting the plugin to play it should read something like: Magma_Mazz Demise v2.
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Yep, Magma - Mazz V (v.2).

I just tried running the little 1.5.1 patch and then trying to view the film and it also worked the first time, but not the second, failed after I shut down Myth, started it up again then tried watching it.

I notice that the first time you load Myth after updating it, it mentions the build in the upper left hand corner. On the second and thereafter loads it just says 1.5.1 Public Beta. Is that significant?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Ummm, mine says v1.5.1c build 261, which I believe is the final updated release version of MII. I havent tried watching th film yet myself, but if youre playing a beta v, that cant be good. :o([/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Sigh. Figured it out. Bad case of PEBCAK. When you run the update, of course it creates a new exe and if you accept the "run Myth now?" suggestion I get the compatible newer Myth. I kept using the older one which I renamed to "Myth II 1.5.1" and to which my shortcut linked to, so of course I kept "reverting". Stupid me.

Sorry for the trouble. /slinks away to hide in shame :cry:
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Sorry for the trouble. /slinks away to hide in shame
HEHE, no problem man !! ;o) Hell I`ve done far worse and chased my tail for far longer on far simpler problems. ;op

Glad you got things figured out. :oD[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
warpwizard

Post by warpwizard »

Yeah, me too. :)

Just wanted to mention that I'm glad to see that you haven't completely left the Mythoverse, as I heard rumored. Please accept a high-powered beam of gratitude from me for your work on ROTD and Mazz's Demise, both have which given me many hours of fun with friends. You rule! :D