Battle for Urbarahz? - looking forward to this...

Talk about anything here.
brill852

Post by brill852 »

In his post about his new Blue & Grey level Teepens mentioned that he was looking to get the ball rolling for his release of The Battle for Urbarahz, but this post was quite a while ago, can we still look forward to this project? I've having played TFL since day one and dropping back here periodically ever since to pick up patches and such for SB I kept reading the description of this mod and thinking that the screens looked like a whole lot of fun. I guess I just got impatient finally, sorry, but can we look forward to it coming out soon? Teepens made it sound like we could.
lank

Post by lank »

i'm as disappointed as anyone is, but i'm afraid it's a distinct possibility that TBU will never see the light of day.

teepens made a private announcement recently that he can no longer realistically afford to take the time away from university and real life in general to work on any of his unreleased projects, including TBU. all his work that has gone into these projects will be made available at least to magma members, and i intend to do at least what work i promised to do for it.

there is a chance that what needs to be done can be done by other than teeps, but i don't know what that chance might be.

once again, i'm sorry to disappoint. we can but hope...
*toot*
TJVerhagen

Post by TJVerhagen »

Hello guys, how's life?
Its been ages, hasn't it?

Quite some time ago, Alex (teepens) and myself looked at what we had on TBU, looked at what still needed to be done and we decided to move on to other things.

It was simply too much work to go on with.

Looking back, I do feel kind of sad we left this hanging. Maybe, yes.. MAYBE, I'll give alex a call and see what we can do with the things we have.

Perhaps we could even hand it to someone who can wrap up the loose ends so you can enjoy the maps we did finish, which were quite good, imho.

anyway, you'll never know.
Best of luck, and take care.

TJ
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Heh it wouldn't be the first time Real Life killed a good plugin.

Real Life = 1. Myth = 0.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

*waves*

Hiya TJ. I recall betaing some great Urbarahz levels, and I hope your efforts to side track teeps back into Mything map making are successful. ;)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I think TJ has been out of the loop far longer than Teeps has now... I dont know when the last time TJ talked to Teep was, but I talked to him about yesterday morning. We often talk over TBU. I've been recently beta testing some thigns on it, to aid him in getting it to that 'ok, its not finished but at least publishable' stage.

It now looks like he may drop it for sure, which would be sad, however I can promise that if he does, SOMEONE will pick it up soon after and finish it off. I offered to do this for Teep 3 months ago (of course it wont get done until TFV is out of the way).

If anyone else is willing to aid me in the effort, lets make it happen.
teepens

Post by teepens »

I am for one surprised about the interest in the project. So in that sense TJ and I will be talking about what we have done on TBU and whether we will pick up where we left off or to drop it completely.
TJVerhagen

Post by TJVerhagen »

Graydon wrote:"I think TJ has been out of the loop far longer than Teeps has now... I dont know when the last time TJ talked to Teep was, but I talked to him about yesterday morning."

Actually Alex and myself have stayed in contact from the time I left the myth community.. we are actually working on something else together, namely an online comic/comic book.

I know roughly what alex is up to and what his time allows, and he knows whats up with me.

Personally I'd love to get this thing going again..

----

let me add to that, that nobody may take this thing over without my approval. It's as much my baby as it is teeps' ;)
lank

Post by lank »

it'd be cool to see you both around more often.

and teeps, i got your pm on hotline today - i got in just fifteen minutes after you left. sorry, man!

next time, with a little luck. (summer holidays coming up in a few weeks, so there's a chance :;): )
*toot*
teepens

Post by teepens »

Yeah, I forgot the official HL address, so I can't connect under my account. But I had a workaround (through udogs page). Maybe post here for me the address I need to connect fully and without visting the udogs homepage all the time =)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It's among the plugins I most looked forward to :\

If it can't be finished easily, it would be nice if someone at least did what they did to Assasin - put together what they had in a fun little plugin that was really just a showcase for something better, almost like a demo.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

teepens, the hotline addy is hl.udogs.net or hl.projectmagma.net

and I'm looking forward to the imminent TBU release too! ;)
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net