Myth, comparisons with historical events

Talk about anything here.
Brusier

Post by Brusier »

I have been in multiple online communities. There was Jedi Knight, Rainbow Six, Rouge Spear, Counter-Strike, Mechwarrior 3. This was when those games were in thier prime. Out of all of them, the strongest community would have to be myth. Rainbow Six is pretty much dead, the only poeple left are all hackers. Rouge Spear can relate. Jedi Knight died around 2002, it was made in 1997. Mechwarrior 3 was proceeded by Mechwarrior 4 and other expansions, thus forgotten. Counter-Strike is still thriving, but with Counter-Strike source and the push to 100% 1.6 and Steam based servers, it lost a lot of it's community. Myth, however, is still thriving, still older players coming back, still new players swinging around the corner, still editors creating and fooling around with the system, still tournaments being played. Myth is still living, not because of the game, but because of the community.
The community is stronger then they like to believe.
Please remember that I am not responsible for any messages posted. I do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and am not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message.
Industry

Post by Industry »

When Myth dies it will become Legend.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

and when legend dies it will became fable.
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth can't die totally. That was part of my message. It has helped shape a lot of people. Together we'll keep Myth alive, whatever games we're playing so long as we're together. dwarf doesn't play Myth anymore, or talk to a lot of ex-players, but I regard him as much of a Myther as anyone else.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

you played myth when dwarf and Acheron still played? I thought they quit before you showed up.
Shocker

Post by Shocker »

Myth won't die for a very, very long time, if ever. The players are just too hardheaded to let it fade away completely. Even if most people do stop playing, I'll probably play the solo campaigns over and over and over just to keep the memory fresh. >_>
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I'll probably play the solo campaigns over and over and over just to keep the memory fresh. >_>

So THAT'S where you've been. :angry:
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Me and the weathergirl are joined at the hip.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

u played myth when dwarf and Acheron still played? I thought they quit before you showed up.

I joined Janruary 2004. MWC04 was May - August 04 roughly. I talk to dwarf at least once a week, via MSN. Acheron I've only chatted to on IM once or twice tho. I had most of BME's MSN addies ages ago, Magne gave put me in a convorsation with his 'myth legends posse' but Mag, Ach and D are the only ones I've got now.

Myth's reaching a point where not many people are gonna leave voluntarilly. but Real Life can ruin things for a lot of people. I'll have the game for 3 more years at least, not sure about how I'll fare in Univesity tho.