New Stuff - Read this

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

On my dad's G5 iMac, Myth runs with almost a constant 600 fps or higher at the worst of times, I suspect porting it wouldn't make any noticeable difference at all :P
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Most excellent - thanks for all the work that's gone into this!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Baak

Post by Baak »

CIK: You da man! :cool:

Post by »

The average human eye can't even see more than 24-30 fps anyway (or something around that)...so I'd say 60fps or more is acceptable. I normally get 90-120fps on my G4 PB 1Ghz. But jesus...600fps?!
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

My Dual 2.5ghz G5 with NVidia 6800 Ultra 256mb (which kicks ASS for OpenGL) has Myth at a constant fps of infinite, it stops counting after 1200 :P
It sometimes drops down at parts, and sometimes goes as low as 800 when I'm playing on my larger monitor, but still infinite in a quiet spot or zoomed in =)

Edited By haravikk on 1138124809
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You lucky bastard! :P
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

haravikk wrote:My Dual 2.5ghz G5 with NVidia 6800 Ultra 256mb (which kicks ASS for OpenGL) has Myth at a constant fps of infinite...
Oh yeah? Well my IBM 3091 mainframe running a Linux partition with 512GB of RAM runs Myth 2 at a rate of Infinity^2.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Industry

Post by Industry »

512 GB?! 512 Giga Bytes? Now that could store a decent number of units.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Too bad you gotta look at them in ASCII on a mainframe. :)
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I still maintain that Myth-by-Mail is the superior way to play the game. Of course it's high latency but that's the price you pay.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ok the good stuff keeps coming....Get your Fear 1.5.2 for X at http://myth.busybsoftware.com and while your at it pick up the latest build of 1.5.2 and read the release notes please. We fixed some important stuff in this build of 1.5.2 for map makers(esp thanx to oz and gleep) so try it out on your stuff. We are going to keep the 1.5.2 development cycle up just a little longer to add a few more requested changes so this won't become the final vesion despite being a Release Contender build.
cuzog

Post by cuzog »

CIK wrote:Ok the good stuff keeps coming....Get your Fear 1.5.2 for X at http://myth.busybsoftware.com and while your at it pick up the latest build of 1.5.2 and read the release notes please. We fixed some important stuff in this build of 1.5.2 for map makers(esp thanx to oz and gleep) so try it out on your stuff. We are going to keep the 1.5.2 development cycle up just a little longer to add a few more requested changes so this won't become the final vesion despite being a Release Contender build.

Excellent!

I like the green new feature highlighting.

I noticed the icons now have 128x128 pixels. It's better than the previous pixillation, but they are still blurry. Maybe I can find some time to make some high-res icons myself... Myth deserves the best!

Still getting the windows opening behind the dock. Hopefully this fix gets in before release.

Keep up the good work!
CIK

Post by CIK »

Taskman is already hard at work at making them.
cuzog

Post by cuzog »

CIK wrote:Taskman is already hard at work at making them.
Thought someone might! Fitting screen-name, btw. :;):

Also, great idea on the 1.5.2 -> 1.5.1 fallback mode. That will surely help keep the online community afloat.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »