New Stuff - Read this

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
cuzog

Post by cuzog »

ShadeOfWar wrote:
cuzog wrote:Perhaps we should split the thread? Don't know, it's up to the moderators...
Taking the advice. Hmph.
Well, that is not what I had in mind, but I suppose it will work for now. I was thinking more along the lines of moving the icon related replies to a new topic.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

No, too much work for us moderators :) Keep on talking as you are and the dev guys will doubtless notice the odd comment about the tools.

I really like this thread btw, and all your icons are superb. Gizmo's are my favourite atm.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

did some more work on my icons, there are now 5, for the 5 myth tools i actually use

not happy with the way the lil castle tower looks, but ill fix that tomorrow

http://www.simplygiz.com/files/pimpmymyth.jpg

still waiting to see more work from other ppl, come on! hurry up!

...Giz
cuzog

Post by cuzog »

GizmoHB wrote:did some more work on my icons, there are now 5, for the 5 myth tools i actually use

not happy with the way the lil castle tower looks, but ill fix that tomorrow

http://www.simplygiz.com/files/pimpmymyth.jpg

still waiting to see more work from other ppl, come on! hurry up!

...Giz
Looks good! The tool indicators (the castle and the shield) on the other programs could use a little more relief from the main portion (shadow?), but they are very clean and solid feeling. Also, it is difficult to discern between them even at 128px. I can imagine it would be quite hard to tell the difference at 32px. The colors are different, but they are very muted and the images inside them, I imagine, would be very hard to see scaled down. Really nice to have icons for the other tools as well, but I generally keep 128px icons for my OSX native programs. Too bad we cant have a carbon Amber. :;):

I'm busy at work at the moment, but I may be able to save an hour or two a day to pump out a couple icons after a few days. I have a couple ideas bouncing around, still experimenting to see if I can pull it off.

Nice work! :D
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

To be honest Giz I preferred your first Loathing icon, as its easily recognizable as being, well, Loathing :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
CIK

Post by CIK »

ShadeOfWar wrote:<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Ok some non-icon issues.</span>

Running OS X 1.3 on an IBook G4...

1. The New Tag and Duplicate commands don't work. When I try either one, the cursor switches to the busy animation and stays as such until I force quit Fear.

2. In the artifact tag, the Expiry Time feature doesn't seem to work. When I change it and press ok, it's gone to 0 when I open it again. When I extracted an existing artifact tag with expiry time from Mazz V, it had an expiry time of 481, which also resisted changing in the same manner.

Otherwise, this thing is brilliant! Can't wait to see it all working smoothly.
Ok these are all fixed for the next build which should be out tommorow. A big thanks for reporting this.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ok fixed builds are up at http://myth.busybsoftware.com.

If you download Build 271 for the Mac please delete and get Build 272. Windows are fine with 271 and there will be no Windows 272 since it's not needed.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Please note that THE NEW BUILDS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH BUILD 270, and you must make sure everyone in your game who is on 1.5.2 is using the new builds.

You can do this by telling everyone to type .version, and if they get a blue bar, they're using the right version. (Build 270 didn't have this, and the broken Build 271 didn't have this either).

So to make sure your games will not go OOS, tell everyone to type .version, and if someone doesn't get the blue bar, they're not using the right version. 1.5.1 compatiblity is still supported though.</span>

Edited By Myrd on 1138945246
Elfoid

Post by Elfoid »

cant log in - at school.

1.5.2 works fine on my PC.

Any way of making it so you can alt-tab without causing as much lag? Seting 'run as high priority' gonna help?

Jus wondering, since I don't have that problem in Windowed 1.5.1.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Run has high priority is usually a bad idea and the option probably should have been removed by now. We should look at tweaking the sleep values a little if the game is in progress though