Myth font rendering bug - Anyone else having this problem?

Talk about anything here.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

After alt-tabbing I often get this problem:

This affects F7 and most importantly the chat. Sometimes the problem fixes itself after a certain time but not always.

I could reproduce this on 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 build270. This is under Windows XP and Direct3D mode (software and OpenGL seem fine). From my myth_log.txt:

Running Direct3D (ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600) at 1280 x 768, 16 bit

Anyone found a workaround?
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I use myth on a pc with xp and a 128mb envidia graphic card and didn't see any problem
Maybe it's a compatible error of the graphic card, do you have the same problems with other games?
I used to have problems with graphics with my previous computer(which had the same graphic card but different processor (amd) and now I have a pentium and I solved it)
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I have had this same problem on every pc I ever played myth on. I think it has to do with the device being lost and the font texture not being reuploaded to the card. I've found that typing characters [into the chat] that haven't been displayed before in that game causes myth to rengenerate the texture and fix the problem. Of course, this only works in multiplayer.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

I've found that sometimes alt tabbing in and out of the game a couple of times sometimes helps
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

You're all wrong. When I have this problem, Cid types the character for 'pi' into his chat, and it miraculously works again. I'm not lying, ask Cid.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Welly

Post by Welly »

I'm on a Mac, and have never had this problem.

Muahahahhahahahah!!!!

Sorry. It's out of character for us Mac users to laugh maniacally. We usually just brood, moan about Gates, and enjoy safer internet connections. Kinda forgot my place there...

:;):
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I have this problem too. I find pressing F8 usually restores things.
Slinx

Post by Slinx »

Always happens after Alt-Tabbing for me. First two times, pressing F7 or F8 works. After that only time will tell.
A real enemy is someone who hates you enough to disprove what you believe, even though they may share the same beliefs.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

Thanks for your answers. Melekor has the best comment: to fix the problem you have to somehow make a character appear that never appeared before. Every other trick (typing "pi" or pressing some F-keys) is just a means to that end. Anyway I hope this gets fixed in an upcoming build.
kickenwing

Post by kickenwing »

To add to this problem, do your in-game graphics turn ugly too? Alt-tabbing makes my text go away and things like trees and bushes, and sometimes units, turn into a big mess of lines similiar to a barcode.