Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

Post by Point »

this is a message string created for people to list their current projects.

List in what ever level of details you want....
Lets get coordinated and see what we can do
there are many great people in this community some making the same thing, some needing help, and others just wanting to show off... lets list projects here and build up the stream of new stuff into a river of release for the next version of myth

Edited By Point on 1141670450
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Not sure if this is what you had in mind. But currently I'm working on Chaos.
http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/?project_id=07
A little app i wrote that gives some useful info on your local folder.

I have a few maps in beta, but not sure when i'll have the time to get to them.
http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/?project_id=04
http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/?project_id=06
Industry

Post by Industry »

multi-platform Amber
Point

Post by Point »

In the work at the Army Munitions Factory

Point ARMY

-B32 map making standards and guide a universal map standard for coordinating projects and plugs between these 4 tagsets with file maker data base for units and map campaigns

-CwR civil war reloaded tagset and maps -combination of many civil war plugs plus a whole lot of new units

http://hl.udogs.net/files....206.jpg

-CPR Reloaded - a follow to the release cpredux tagset reloaded for 1.5 (vietnam units)

-AoM Art of Myth tagset and maps... myth two style with many units from m2 and other plugs as well as new creations siege weapons mounted cav of different sorts... bow men archers pike men standard bearers

-wAvA Warfare axis vs Allies Tagset and Maps started back in the bnet days a total wwii conversion for myth 64 new units (even more were modeled) 34 level dynamic campaign spaning the european combat theatre.

-most of which can be previewed in my udogs uploads...
http://hl.udogs.net/files....uploads

Stuff on my plate... some of its been there for years now but finally some real progress cpr, cwr are just about done, aom sees a new unit form about every week and Wava is just itching to be worked on.

the wwii models colections, and the aom stuff is open for use in tagsets the cpr and cwr stuff is ready for maps.

Have fun all and keep up the good work.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

A long myth winter : A RPG for myth where you control 4 berserks and have to rescue the missing peasants. Includes real leveling up, a shop, yes, a shop where you can buy stuff and lots of enemies to kill. You can also kill deers and cook food by the fire :)

Mini Myth : Take myth, mix it up with Warhammer and throw in 200 unit army one against each other and you get mini myth. Everything is scaled to 1/3 of its size and micromanaging is now to the regiment scale.

Trow Iron Warrior : See the thread about it.

Almost done and awaiting test : Axis vs Allies 2.1 maps
Hell, people don't play the 2.1 tagset so why would I bother giving them a mappack :P
Point

Post by Point »

heres a link to phex's site of projects... his mini civil war has been a fun play... and you might see something similar as a 2nd mod of cwr..

http://myth.eu.tp/

over the years several big myth and mini myth versions have been made to allow for larger scale unit control and view of the battle field ... this is done usually i assume because lowerin the value too far on the displacement causes distortion in myth the only draw back is the smaller scale makes for less attractive color maps and less dynamic displacement maps... pity the engine doesnt have a simple camera hieght adjust setting ... ;)

keep up the good work.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Here is a list of some of the Onyx Warlord projects me and my teammates are working on/might be working on.

The Fallen's Vengeance (Solo) - 25 levels solo campaign based just before the start of the next cycle (after SB).

The Fallen's Vengeance (Multi) - A mappack containing multiple maps with TFV unit sets.

Inquisitor - A multiplayer warband based plug set in the far future that uses a special unit and character equipment selection procedure using the Unit Trading window.

Inquisitor the expansion - Less focused on Inquisitors, more focused on Law Enforcers/Soldiers. Also a multi (may end up included in the Inquisitor plug).

Trials of Chaos - A solo/coop master piece that details an important part of TFV history that leads up to TFV.

carlinho's Greek tagset - It's really a mapset, and atm only carlinho's working on it but still he is a member of the Onyx Warlord mapmaking group.

Tomb Kings - A massi Egyptian tagset conversion project that consists of a single tagset plus a number of expansion sets to convert a number of different high profile plugs to the TK universe (ie cmaps, units, storylines, models etc). Doesn't touch script or add new maps (so doesn't class as a mapset). Plugs that will be convertable will be Magma's The Fallen Levels, The Seventh God and Chimera (the main tagset deals with M2 Soublighter itself).

Ogre Kingdoms - A possible future tagset for M2, originally planned for M3 (before FF and Idiotcollective decided they liked WoW more).

Legend of the Evening Star - Ared's project so I won't go into details, but I will say that it's going to rock.

Unseen Battles of Myth - A possible solo mappack that details certain unseen battles from TFL, SB and TFV.

The Battle of Mythologies - Egypt vs Greece multi plug.

Pyro's Fallen project - Solo map based project that lets you play either as the Fallen Lords, or The Nine each with their own special abilities and collections. (Signed Pyro up to the Onyx Warlord Map Making Group just recently).

Edited By Horus â„¢ on 1141692327
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Marathon 1 Tagset (unnamed) - A complete port of Marathon 1. I was also hoping to make a few single player levels around the attack on Tau Ceti.

Halo Tagset (unnamed) - The same, but Halo. Maybe some levels on the Fall of Reach.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Fallen Lords vs Heroes: Just an experiment of mine. Map takes place on Shiver, and you have the same mission objective. However, you have to kill Balor, The Watcher, and Soulblighter before you can get to Shiver. You also receive several heroes that weren't in the original Shiver. However the 2nd beta for this is making people crash and I haven't worked on the map lately, so probably won't be near finishing any time soon.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Horus â„¢ wrote:Pyro's Fallen project - Solo map based project that lets you play either as the Fallen Lords, or The Nine each with their own special abilities and collections. (Signed Pyro up to the Onyx Warlord Map Making Group just recently).
Some more details...

Fallen Heroes
A solo/coop map where (in the Dark version) you play as the Fallen Lords against the Nine and their overwhelming forces. You must kill Alric and not let Balor die. In the Light version its just vice-versa... you play as the Nine and fight against the Fallen Lords and their overwhelming forces.

Currently making a new collection for one of the Nine. (Read the thread in General Discussion area about Maeldun.)

Will also include some multiplayer maps with some of the units. (A modified netgame flag (the sprites are done btw) will be included for fun.) Will try to make a huge two team version of the solo/coop map but only if I can make them both equal and fun on both sides.

Might include another new unit (well somewhat modified Myth II unit) in which I will work on after Maeldun.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

well as Horus pointed out I'm working on the GREEK PLUGIN
which will span classical greece featuring the persian wars.

you can view the units I'm doing so far here:

http://carlinho7.tripod.com/id7.html

and the screenshots for some of the maps:

http://carlinho7.tripod.com/id4.html

Now the final battle units would be:

http://carlinho7.tripod.com/id8.html

but still some civilians and animals would need to be created to give life to the maps.
It's a total conversion where units will be able to use different weapons and their sprites will change based on which ones they are using.

Unkfoldt did all the maps before going to the air force, and I have to admit that I ruined his Thermopylae map textures for some of my own...hehehehe
It's going on slow as I'm working my ass off in this material world we live on, but from time to time I put some hours into it.
And new units and things get created.
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Industry wrote:multi-platform Amber
Which I think we are ALL looking forward to!!!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Now that's funny. I came into this thread to say there's nothing more to come from the McCoolness Factory, and Cid lists two things! Hahah.

Aside from a patch for Freedom 2, no real projects being lined up from us. Though we've got a lot of ideas, the ones that Cid posted being just 2 of 'em.

I have to say, out of all the stuff listed in this thread, the ones to watch would probably be anything concerning Amber, and that fantastic Greek thing carlinho is working on.

Rock on!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
DanielRomero

Post by DanielRomero »

I´m making a conversion of Gauntlet to Myth. Right now I have the units made in Blender, but I need to animate them. The map is 30% made. I still need a good colection editor. With Tahoe I won´t finish the project :(
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

:cool:
Dont want to sound like a copy cat(Pyro and Zeph)
But im also working on a IronTrow unit... see Zeph topic.
Im also working on a map that "The 9 vs The Fallen lords" its a coop on a big map that take's place in Rhi anon city.
It will have the 5 know units of The 9 vs all of the Fallen and the Iron trow will be in it.
Waiting on Pyro,Gleeps and my Iron trow units or mb Zephs.
:D