Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Ferter

Post by Ferter »

Heh, Doobie.
My new computer did not have my login details :)
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Speaking of upcoming projects, I wonder what Magma is working on these days, other than new patches. Everything on the projects page has been declared to be on hold indefinitely (except SF2? I can't remember), and I haven't heard of any other projects, except for one level that Ghost was working on as of a few months ago.

Or are they all just really secret?

A-Red
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Ferter.
Zaknafein is a character from a series of books made by R.A. Salvatore I believe. He is a dark elf swordsman.
Also, I would be interested in seeing a chrono trigger plugin made.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Currently in the works:

StoneHeart RDF - insanely fun mod of GimpMask's StoneHeart map (used with permission) built for RDF, UGR and vanilla myth.

Triskelion - another major mod of a semi-familiar map

UGR Anywhere - a funky-sweet plugin allowing you to play UGR on virtually any map!

WWII Anywhere - yep, a funky-sweet plugin allowing you to play WWII on virtually any map *including* plopping the WWII goodies on the map randomly

RDF - Return to White Falls - an intense update to the solo remake of White Falls designed especially for use with RDF but extremely fun without.

RDF Modz - Additional RDF plugins to add funky attacks (such as rebounding fireballs) for use with specific maps, etc. - TONS of fun!

LOTS of kewl web-based funkiness in the works including a vast database showing units, game types, etc. for almost 10 CD's worth of Myth Maps...

UPCOMING RDF/UGR/OoH Tournament in the works!

Heck, there's probably more but I can't recall it all right now - I'm on the road typing this in from a hotel! :;):
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

what the hell!
why not grab a beer and talk about the Macedonian expansion pack! hahahaha

http://carlinho7.tripod.com/id14.html

in this advertising world of today, well...
get a smoke of that
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
floyd

Post by floyd »

carlinho youre insane in a good way
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I am working on two projects right now.

The first one is an uber mega epic solo map campaign based on an ongoing war between Shiver and the Nine vs. Greek and WoW heros. This epic campaign will feature Marathon units, pack mages, and assorted Pokemon characters and ALL the units will be able to use WWII weaponry (using the inventory feature!). It's set in a Leggo-ized version of the Wild West, and the soundtrack is a sampled and remixed mashup from the 7th God and Jinn sountracks, and all the sound effects come from the original Batman and Star Trek television series, and OMG IZ S0 5W33T!

The second project I am working on is a Myth II combo conversion I call "Grand Theft Auto-matic Dance Dance Revolution", where you as one of the last surviving non-bio-warfare infected humans try to restore civilization by driving a souped up vehicle equipped with futuristic weaponry around city streets trying to kill as many fanatical homicidal cannibal zombie dancers as you can, but I am kind of waiting on the Myth III to Myth II Iron Trow unit conversion project to be completed before I go back to working on this one.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

:0
Point

Post by Point »

Myth unit data base.... in filemaker format I have... wonder how tuff it is to get that to web format...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Vinylrake, could you set some of those solo campaign levels on one of the Bushido maps?
Point

Post by Point »

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Post by Point »

CwR reloaded is still in the works ...'

still trying to fix a bug in one of the monolific collections.. but everything seems to look good. could use a map scripter for gettysburg.. any takers.... the gif shows the script :)

http://hl.udogs.net/files....Net.gif
Point

Post by Point »

Should develop some solid map makers standards for the new maps and tagsets.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Industry wrote:Vinylrake, could you set some of those solo campaign levels on one of the Bushido maps?

Not sure about setting those solos on the Bushido maps, it might not be consistent with the world I am creating.

----------

Point: You mentioned you have a Myth unit data base in filemaker? Doesn't filemaker have an HTML export function so that you can create HTML pages of your data? If you can't do that or that's not what you want to do, drop me a line (PM or vinylrake@yahoo.com) I'd be happy to help you get it online.

I've actually got a potentially overlapping type of project in 'development' myself. Drop me a line if you have any interest in brainstorming about this.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Point

Post by Point »

Keep up the good work