myth halo

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

pyro- it'd be great if you could take a look at it sometime, im in no hurry so ill just send it over to u next time i see u on hotline or something, but the problem doesnt seem to be just changing the range and such.

jongod- im not too great with scripting, but i could give it a go, from looking at dorfball and such, but i dont think i could do random unit respawn. are you sending out copies of your beta map yet?
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

not yet.....unless I can find someone who will help me, THEN I'll give them a beta, now you think you can help? do you have AIM/MSN? if so what is it?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

aim is floydispink004, and i could give it a go but i cant guarentee it to work. you should ask around more first and if u cant find anyone id be glad to tweak around with it
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

anyone miss this topic, cause this is a bump
CIK

Post by CIK »

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help though. Updating the tools is about my limit.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I use a mac, and if I could just have a OSX version of Fear... *wink wink*
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Jon God wrote:I use a mac, and if I could just have a OSX version of Fear... *wink wink*
Umm... there is a OSX version of Fear. You get it as part of the 1.5.2 beta patch.

http://myth.busybsoftware.com
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Myth IV/Halo 3 should be made from the PiD engine.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Pyro wrote:
Jon God wrote:I use a mac, and if I could just have a OSX version of Fear... *wink wink*
Umm... there is a OSX version of Fear. You get it as part of the 1.5.2 beta patch.

http://myth.busybsoftware.com
thanks a million!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I have put in all the sounds I need now, I still need to tweak a few. I NEED HELP WITH THESE THINGS, IF YOU HELP I WILL PUT YOU IN THE CREDITS, AND DEPENDING I MAY GIVE YOU A BETA, as far as what I need done is:

Models: I'm still using the WWII ones, but they act differently and sound differently. I will be *hopefully* get vehicle units, but as for the Master Chief, I could use help.

Respawning Projectiles: right now after a gun is picked up, it's gone, forever, the rest of the game, which isn't very fun, I don't know how to fix this, or even where to start, any help would be helpful!

More Then One Respawn Point For Deathmatch: right now it's really easy to just spawn kill someone over and over again, with only one spawn point, once again, don't know where to start.

Extra: The bases are not 3D, if someone could make them into models for fear, then it would be really nice.

That's all for now, it's close guys!

I know, I know, same post from playmyth.net
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

sorta sounds like u expect a lot of help from the few lazy/busy mapmakers who r left...it simply isnt gonna happen...atleast im not gonna (I know, im not nice, blah blah blah)

anyway, bother zeph for models and instructions on how to rip em yourself (this goes for all of you reading this, STOP BOTHERING ME! =) jk, i love the attention)...

u may give me a beta...wow!...I feel honored...bah!

that is all for this useless post...

or not...

guess I will give you some tips to make it worth your time, and mine...

- Respawning projectiles, look at dorfball (combination of scripts and invisible units that drop stuff)...

- More then 1 respawn point, my best guess would be to re teleport a unit from his start position to 1 of a bunch of scripted drop points everytime it gets recreated...look at POW the camp or whatever its called...(or if you cant find it at Grass Wat0r Tower (in my folder, same script by oz and ghost))...

- Nobody is gonna build you bases for use in myth, all you need is a mac with a 3D app of choice that can export to a 3DMF compatible format and apathy (on magma hl somewhere)...

...Giz
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

The best tool for creating in-myth models on the mac is a simple app called Meshworks. Learning to use it and to texture models properly for myth is a whole job in itself though. Good luck.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I've done some stuff to this, and made progress. (secret bump)
alzapa

Post by alzapa »

is there a halo, myth 2 unit mod yet???
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I updated the thread at playmyth.net, it can be found here:

http://playmyth.net/index.php?name=PNph ... c&start=60