The 9 & TFL - Bringing all our information together

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"The problem with Myth 3 is that it answered too many questions."

THAT IS what I wanted to say!

As if Mumbo Jumbo didn't get enough exposition into the boring arsed 25 levels they made, then they jammed even more into the Epilogue. "oh yeah, by the way they renamed Llancarfan. Oh hey, it's called Stair of Grief because we were sad about Leitrim".

JEEZE...
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Questions are indeed what keep interest in a game and it's storyline. People still theorise about Marathon, because it has so many obscure references and unanswered questions. Same with Myth I and II. And Halo.

But, yeah. Everything made by Bungie. :/
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Horus

Post by Horus »

William Wallet wrote:"The problem with Myth 3 is that it answered too many questions."

THAT IS what I wanted to say!

As if Mumbo Jumbo didn't get enough exposition into the boring arsed 25 levels they made, then they jammed even more into the Epilogue. "oh yeah, by the way they renamed Llancarfan. Oh hey, it's called Stair of Grief because we were sad about Leitrim".

JEEZE...
Actually the first reference for Muirthemne being called Llancarfan is from the M2 Ghost Berserk flavour text.

“In honor of their heroism, Connacht allowed the men of the North who had been slain defending Llancarfan to be buried in the Mausoleum of Clovis – the Royal Crypt of the Cath Bruig.”

I think there is also another reference but am too busy to search for it right now.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Actually the first reference for Muirthemne being called Llancarfan is from the M2 Ghost Berserk flavour text."

Heh - the point I was trying to make is that too much was explained in the epilogue. It just felt tacked-on-the-end because there was nowhere else for it.
Maybe it was essential to tell players that the city was renamed, but to me the placement of it was bunk.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yea... and look at the cutscenes.. or whatever they are... after the journal tells you one thing... suddenly right before the level starts things change... sometime happened... and the level is different from what you thought you were going to play. Too much rushing in the story to fit it all into one game... it could have made a better transition.. I think one was... the journal says Damas thinks Connacht is weird after howling at the wolf... then level starts... and he thanks him.. after that level they are buddies. ... First didn't know him... next didn't like him and then gets his help and are best of buds. :lol:
Elfoid

Post by Elfoid »

When I said M3 can't work, I meant with TFL/SB too - the game's timeline just does not fit.

Horus, 'rejected by hardcore mythers' does not mean incorrect. If someone makes a crap film, the sequel doesn't ignore it because of that, it just tries to improve ;o

It's rejected by all forms of Mythers. It was made by different people, was radically different in many ways, the whole game wasn't very good gameplay wise (taking away from it's credibility). I'd go to the trouble of making a new "Myth III" for SB if I wasn't so lazy.

-TGP-
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Yes but Cid - how many people would disagree with my 'vision' for Myth 3? Wasn't M3 what happened when the fans got more input? People might've hated it, but who knows what they'd have thought if M3 had turned out the way we thought it should've been!
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Another problem with Myth 3:
Myth 3 says that Mjarin was in fact The Leveler and Moagim was just his little pawn. Connacht did kill Moagim (the only way the Myth 3 madness fitted with the Myth TFL and SB plots), however, Myth 2 does not mention anything about Mjarin. Observe:
And so Tireces returned as Moagim to end the Age of Reason...

If Myth 3 was the more popular game (oh please!), then Myth 2 should have said: And so Tireces returned as Mjarin to end the Age of Reason by summoning Moagim The Faceless Terror (?).
It makes no sense!!!
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Moagim was Tireces, Moagim WAS a leveller, but when he was brought back by Mjarin he was merely powerful, but not a leveller, his turn was over.
Mjarin on the other hand was supposed to be the leveller, but unlike other levellers he didn't go around smashing everything, he was more subtle by bringing back Moagim who'd immediately be blamed for it all.

That part fits at least, unless I'm missing something?

So Tireces was a hero iirc
Tireces dies, comes back as Moagim to level about a bit, gets killed
Mjarin brings him back, but this time it's Mjarin who's the real leveller, Moagim is more like Fallen Lord.
Mjarin gets his head chopped off, and thus is now the head, because even after his body is lopped off he won't shut the hell up.

And Moagim as the faceless terror isn't impossible, there's not a whole lot to back it up but that doesn't make it impossible, especially if he's been brought back already, he just loves the repeat performances :)

Nor is it impossible that the faceless terror was actually Rurik, but after Balor was defeated he became powerless...much like a peasant.

Edited By haravikk on 1145395412
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:

Well there's not much to prove it ISN'T him either.

Hmmm.... :)
-TGP-
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

OK but what spirit contolled Moagim Reborn when he was brought back by Mjarin ?
For sure it wasnt Levellers spirit ( like it was 1000 years before ) couse Mjarin was new Leveller. It also wasnt Tireces couse he was dead for 2000 years.
Myth 3 paradox. ( same problem with The Head btw )
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I like the idea of Moagim being one of the Fallen Lords. It just means it'd be that much easier to make a unit out of him (using M3 screenies).

Speaking of the Head:
Apparently The Nine found the severed head of one of Balor's enemies from the old days, buried out in the desert under several tons of sand and rock, and managed to start talking to the thing. Balor is the power behind The Fallen Lords, and we figure his enemy is our friend.

Didn't they realise that one of Balor's enemies would have been in league with the Dark? Wouldn't they be a little cautious, due to the Head maybe betraying them? (and he did)

If they're worried about the Deceiver, I don't know why they're not worried about the Head.

-TGP-
Raistlin MM

Post by Raistlin MM »

Well, The Nine didnt know that Balor was the reincarnated form of Connacht. Atleast, not until well after most of The Nine were dead. The Great War lasted hundreds of years if i remember right. Therefore, the Nine probably assumed that he was enemy from the early years of the war. just my 2 cents.
~Raistlin