Cid needs encouragement. - Topic 800? No shit!

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

William Wallet wrote:"Will, tell me would an Avatara be evil?"

To start with - no! Otherwise they wouldn't employ the guy would they?

"So I want to know what you think is an Avatara."

I would say, a powerful magician or something that is sanctioned by the Nine. I'd assume that if he ever got powerful enough they'd offer him a spot in the Nine, or if he were evil enough they'd give him the smackdown.
Good so you agree an Avatara has to be good... there's reason for this question and it's linked to this Myth2 flavor:

"...Turquine so mistreated his subjects that even his personal guard abandoned him... he agreed to endure the indescribable tortures of the Fallen that he might have his revenge."
-Shade Flavor Text, Myth II

So it would seemed that Turquine volunteered to be a shade and wasn't such a nice guy while he was alive... that doesn't sound like an avatara thing to do.

And I doubt that the Avatara were known as The Nine... it was probably (why bother looking if people just going to argue about it) just the 9 Avatara leaders during The Great War.

About giving Shades Dispersal Dreams I do agree it was a gameplay decision like Will said... but laziness could have been a factor like Gleep said. Why make a new attack just for one shade that will appear on one map... per shade.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Good so you agree an Avatara has to be good... there's reason for this question and it's linked to this Myth2 flavor:
"...Turquine so mistreated his subjects that even his personal guard abandoned him... he agreed to endure the indescribable tortures of the Fallen that he might have his revenge."
-Shade Flavor Text, Myth II
So it would seemed that Turquine volunteered to be a shade and wasn't such a nice guy while he was alive... that doesn't sound like an avatara thing to do."

This idea is still nonsensical though. He could've been good when 'appointed', but you know that old axiom about power corrupting, don't you?

You don't think an Avatara would mistreat his subjects? JUST LOOK AT ALRIC!!! (doubles over in laughter at Alric, possibly the most out-of-touch leader the world has ever seen).

Besides, you're forgetting that Avatara don't need to do what's 'right', per se, just what they *think* is right, and then it's ok. That's what most evil people do, they just do what they think is the right thing to do. Of course, it's not, but there you go.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Raistlin MM

Post by Raistlin MM »

*pokes cid* encouragement...encouragement *pokes cid* HEY IM ENCOURAGING YOU PAY ATTENTION!
~Raistlin