Player colors - Change it back plz

Talk about anything here.
Loial

Post by Loial »

I don't know why u allowed colors to be more alike in the first place. Nothing was wrong the way it was. In big ffa games theres now almost always someone with a color so much like mine. That i sometimes think he is me and let him just walk into me like a dumbass. Sometimes i shoot my own unites.

There was never need for changing colors, was dumb. Plz change it back
Loial

Post by »

If you hit F10, it'll create transparent select boxes around each unit in camera range showing if its and ally or an enemy, plus their level of health. Well, I know it shows your units and your allies units health, not sure about the opponents.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
thief of chickens

Post by thief of chickens »

when Loial posts, you know it's important
Check out my diablo 2 characts on ebay. www.ebay.com
chohan

Post by chohan »

Lol, hilarious. So basically you have to press f10 every time you play myth to see whos who, now THATS an improvement!
Loial

Post by Loial »

yeah lol u cant keep pressing f10. and everytime u select a new unit the boxes dissapear. pluss in f10 mode u cant see which units u alread have selected. f10 is good but it wont help vs the colours,

and why did u change colors in the first place. What was wrong with the way it was?
Loial
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Please don't take replies from individuals outside the development team as the word of project magma. It is too often I see this:

Assume Person1 is the initial person reporting the bug, Person2 is not part of the development team but is trying to help anyways, and Person3 what I am referring to as the problem - people overreacting to responses and taking them as "official" magma responses.

Person1: I found this bug, ::goes on to describe it::
Person2: Well, in the mean-time you can do X to make it better...
Person3: Magma sucks! They introduce bugs and when those bugs are brought up you say that's how it's supposed to work and don't fix it, blah blah blah.

The same thing has happened countless times - just look at most of the flame-threads on the boards - you will see this phenomenon. Too many times it has happened - so I say right now, unless the post is by Iron, CIK, or myself about the bug, whatever is said in that post does not necessarily represent the opinions of the development team.

As for the issue at hand, why we allowed colors to be more alike? Simple - some colors were way different but still conflicted - however we decreased the limit too much, and we have adjusted it again for pb#2 and this time it should be less prone to identical colors remaining.
Loial

Post by Loial »

Ok I hope it's better in beta #2. It was clearly not a problem in 1.4 or 1.3, so the changes in 1.5 beta #1 made it worse. I hope its good in the next beta
Loial

Post by »

Guest wrote:Lol, hilarious. So basically you have to press f10 every time you play myth to see whos who, now THATS an improvement!

nope it stays there until you hit F10 again.
Well, it seems to on my computer. Of course mine could do the same thing as yours but I just have been using it in different situations. I've been lucky enough where I play against people with different colors than me.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.