Pr0jecti1e debris part 2 - N0t w0rking yet

Talk about anything here.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

It isn't working. When the projectile explodes, the debris appears as shown below.

"Reg. point", "Key point", "Sel. Rect", "bitmap", "shadow" and "contrail" are the same as in the dwarf collection (using Amber).

:(
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

Maybe you could think about posting a reply. :nocomment:
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Sorry Task, this is beyond my realm of knowledge, if everyhing transferred over ok, and the BMPs reindexed fine, I cant think of WHY they would look like they do in your screenshot. :oO

If I see lank or another of our Mac Fear/Amber Gurus around, Ill point them towards this post. :o)

Sorry thats the best I can do at this point. :o(

::curses again for not having a Windows equivalant of Amber:: ;o/[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

Thanks. Btw, I think you should port Amber and Tag Extractor to Mac OS X after Fear and Loathing.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Problem with that is that I don't think anybody has the code for those programs anymore, it disappeared with Vista. Maybe one of them can be grabbed a hold of still but it's doubtful.

Is your debris frame set to 'texture'? I can't get at Amber at the moment but iirc it has to be a texture for it to work
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:

Post by »

probably hasn't been done yet because both Tag Extractor and Amber work well in Classic emulation mode in OS X. At least in 10.2.8 (FYI, I'm not trying to discourage people from making a port)

Oh, I have copies of all those programs if you need them, I'll have to dig around my computer but I know I have 'em. So, if you do decide to port them I can email them to you or something.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

searched with g00g1e f0r v0di's rea1 name, "Hans Hvidsten Birkeland".

0btained the f0110wing eMai1 address
hansbi@ifi.uio.no

N0w c0ntact him and ask him if he's rea11y v0di. i think he is, since... we11, "can y0u n0t fee1 it?"

:rock:
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

haravikk wrote:Is your debris frame set to 'texture'? I can't get at Amber at the moment but iirc it has to be a texture for it to work
The texture checkb0x is dimmed. H0w can I enab1e it?

Btw, the "texture" checkb0x is a1s0 set t0 0ff in the "crater big" sequence fr0m the dwarf.

----------

Damn, I hate having t0 use a br0ken keyb0ard.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I dont think crater big is ever actually used....it's never used for the shade sequencing at least....Would you be obliged to email him? If we could get that code I KNOW the guys porting Fear and Loathing would get on the ball with Amber and Tag Extracter :)
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

Graydon wrote:I dont think crater big is ever actually used....it's never used for the shade sequencing at least....
damn, there are tw0 t0pics 0n the use 0f that #@$! sequence!

it is used as debris when y0u break "dwarf b0tt1e 1it"

p1us, this didn't s01ve my 1ast questi0n [ab0ve].
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Is the cmap you're testing on indexed to 240 colors or 256? Myth needs about 16 colors to be reserved in the cmap color table for blood and crater effects to work properly, which is why you want to index your cmap to only 240.
Mauglir
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Okay, first things I notice in Amber:
- Key point for the debris is the top left corner, I don't believe a key point is required though
- reg point is the centre of the image
- selection box is not needed
- the image must have a shadow which 'shadows' it, ie the image should not have pixels that are not also present on the shadow for it (if there is no shadow for your debris then this is a likely cause).

Other than that I don't think I can help anymore without looking at the tags you have or knowing more about the debris and how it is meant to look
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

mauglir wrote:Is the cmap you're testing on indexed to 240 colors or 256? Myth needs about 16 colors to be reserved in the cmap color table for blood and crater effects to work properly, which is why you want to index your cmap to only 240.
It's a vers0n 0f Wi110w Creek with different units.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

haravikk wrote:Okay, first things I notice in Amber:
- Key point for the debris is the top left corner, I don't believe a key point is required though
- reg point is the centre of the image
- selection box is not needed
- the image must have a shadow which 'shadows' it, ie the image should not have pixels that are not also present on the shadow for it (if there is no shadow for your debris then this is a likely cause).

Other than that I don't think I can help anymore without looking at the tags you have or knowing more about the debris and how it is meant to look

I'm n0t sure I underst00d what y0u meant.

The sequence is an hax0red c0py fr0m the 0rgina1 dwarf crater big sequence. reg p0int, etc. etc. seem t0 be the same as in the dwarf crater big sequence [verified at 500perc z00m].

If y0u want t0 100k at the c011ecti0n, I can make a quick C-NFD c0py f0r y0u and 1et y0u d0wn10ad it fr0m my website.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

That would help, it looks to me that you're testing it on Willow Creek is that right?
I can attach the attack to a dwarf bottle and run a couple tests from there, see if I can track down what's wrong for you.