A few Myth 3 queries

Talk about anything here.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I've seen on mac gold, that Myth 3 can be bought (whilst stock last) for £29 (inc VAT). Is this a rip-off or not? Also, does anyone know how Myth 3 works on Intel Macs and if there should be a universal binary. Also, does Magma have the rights to update Myth 3? I figured that Magma does, 'cos we did for TFL and SB...
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

"We" did? No, "they" did.

Personally I don't know the exchange rate or anything, but that sounds like too much for Myth III.

But that's because I hate it.
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

You'd have to pay me to play Myth 3.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:"We" did? No, "they" did.

Personally I don't know the exchange rate or anything, but that sounds like too much for Myth III.

But that's because I hate it.
-TGP-
After using the currency converter in dashboard, I have discovered that £29 ("British Pound Sterling") is equal to about $71 Australian Dollars.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"After using the currency converter in dashboard, I have discovered that £29 ("British Pound Sterling") is equal to about $71 Australian Dollars. "

That's interesting, because I inputted $71 AUS into "Scotty's Currency Converter" and it fed out the following:

TOO F***ING MUCH!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

William Wallet wrote:TOO F***ING MUCH!
Did it say £29? I am having a constant conflict of thoughts about what to do. If I do get it, it might not be worth it. But if I don't, it will probably dissapear soon. This will make me feel bad either way, especially because Take 2 won't release this as a download. Selfish b*******!
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

If that's similar to American dollars (and I think it's at least sort of close), it's too much. You can get it on Amazon for about $10, and probably on e-bay for like fifty cents.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Lugas wrote:After using the currency converter in dashboard, I have discovered that £29 ("British Pound Sterling") is equal to about $71 Australian Dollars.
Dude... don't. You can get xBox 360 games for $100 AUS each. You're paying more than it should be worth even when it was new, for a rather crappy game.

eBay ftw.
-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I got Myth 3 for £20 or £25 when it was new, that is a major ripoff.

Not to mention how theres no community for myth 3, no active develepment and a whole host of gameplay issues.

Edited By Baron LeDant on 1152754446
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Baak

Post by Baak »

Is there a demo still floating about that works (i.e. that includes the FlyingFlip patches)? If so, I would suggest trying it first and see if you even like it before buying.

Personally, I bought it shortly after it came out simply because I wanted to have a "complete" Myth collection. I use a PC and it was significantly cheaper, which helped. The non-patched version majorly crashed my PC (only time I've ever had that happen) - so definitely patch it! In all these years I've played only a handful of Myth III games, mainly solo, versus thousands of Myth II games.

I'd say: if you're a die-hard Myth fan, you might want to have a copy. If not, track down a working demo (any help guys?) and test drive it first.

As I recall, the Mac version was always more expensive - about 3x as much. I see several copies of the PC version listed on UK Amazon for under £8, but the only Mac one (maybe the one you've looked at?) is around £25.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

I bought the PC version like 5 years ago for $5 US. It's easy to get it working on a mac. I still like Myth 2 better but it is fun to give M3 a try every once in a while. It runs great on my Intel iMac. Much better than Myth 2 does actually.

So I'd say keep looking around, £29 is way too much imo. I bet you can find it for way less, and I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd say its been worth the $5 i payed, maybe even twice that, but definately not £29.

Edited By TarousZars on 1152777748
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Looking around hasn't really helped. About one or two years ago, I tried to order Myth 3 from Apple and then they pulled my order back saying its not available after the confirmation letter. How insane is that!!! Besides, £29 isn't a permanent loss and there are deals in the world much more outrageous than £29.

Also, no one's answered my questions related to M3 on intel macs!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

TarousZars wrote:...It runs great on my Intel iMac. Much better than Myth 2 does actually....
Anyhoo, I'll second TZ's observations.
It does run great on Intel Macs.

With build 280 of Myth 2 1.5.2, they both run good now.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

That's good news. I'm less hesitant to get an Intel iMac, except for the fact that Amber doesn't work on it.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

don't pay that much for myth 3.