Plug-ins don't show up.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Hadrada

Plug-ins don't show up.

Post by Hadrada »

I have downloaded many Plugins into the Plugins folder of Myth 2. Most of them work fine, however, some of them don't even show up in the plugin list in the game.

There is no sign of; Ancient Greece, Magma-requiem for the dead, the woods out back but the rest are ok. The file is in Plugins but not in list in game...

Have I installed them correctly?

Hadrada
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

What does your myth log file say?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Are those solo levels plugins by any chance?
Hadrada

Post by Hadrada »

Right,
I have realized that some of the files that don't show up in the list were SIT files. In other words "compressed". I downloaded stuffit and loaded them in the plugins file. Now the Ancient greece tagset appears in the list but no units change on any maps when I use it.

Also when I load magma requiem into the plugins select active column
it doesn't appear anywhere afterwards.

hadrada
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

For solo games, you have to hold Shift when entering the new game dialog for the new meshes to show up (Myth normally only shows the levels that you've visited in the list - which don't include the levels from the plugin).

Which means, you first go to activate it, then you close that dialog, and re-open it holding Shift, and Requiem will show up.

For tagsets like Ancient Greece, you have to activate it for it to work. I'm not familiar with that particular tagset, so I can't tell you what units it's supposed to replace - but make sure you have it activated when you try it.
Hadrada

Post by Hadrada »

TRIED IT AND IT WORKED FOR REQUIEM.

THANKS