Rabican, the Eternal Champion

Talk about anything here.
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

ChrisP wrote:Watching the bug occur in films, I have to agree with Dante; the bug is too random for it to be any fun to try to overcome with skill.
Which skill? The skills you're used to, or the skills you've never tried?

I hear what you're saying on this point CP >:-] I'd just stoke the fires of consideration by saying that any event people don't understand is often called random.
ChrisP wrote:More importantly, at least to me, is that's not how the map was designed to be played.
And fair enough too. Just another thought: The difference between Mazz 6 Original and Mazz 6 Secret Level is that in SL the bugs are deliberately inserted >:-P
ChrisP wrote:(Secret Level) Legendary, though, is going to stay a challenge for a while.
Sure :) But if someone determines that some eccentricity is a bug... leave it in and say it's deliberate.

-Oro
Truth

Post by Truth »

:O oro

play mazz 6 v1 heroic 3 times in one night, just to have BUSHES(you know, those things you blow up for heals) not blow up and shit loads of units turn invunerable just because red dragon spits fire and see how quickly you start ripping your hair out :O

btw havnt seen you in any ads lately! think you were in a teagel one where your "wife" falls over cooking or something like that, but thats about it :o
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Truth wrote:btw havnt seen you in any ads lately! think you were in a teagel one where your "wife" falls over cooking or something like that, but thats about it :o
Heh, hey Truth :) Yeah, they re-ran that one for a month. I liked shooting that ad - stunt work's always cool. I hit that table 7 times - they needed it from different angles.

And yeah, I know dealing with the bugs is a bastard. I'd be pretty ticked off if I had that bug throwing crap in my face everytime I played it.

But firstly, I wouldn't be playing 3 games straight. Back-to-back long games just doesn't do it for me, no matter who the company is. Second, thanks for that bush information. Perhaps in future the first thing to consider is harvesting roots before setting up a base camp, I dunno. But it's a new way to play that might be worth trialling. See, this post-game talking thing is what cracks 'impossible' games.

Perhaps a "Mazz VIv1" group that trades bug-laden films could get together and see if there IS a way to dodge the bug bullets.

-Oro
rabican

Post by rabican »

god, you are really, REALLY stupid :(

what kind of twisted mind defends bugs? NO DONT ANSWER

NO OFFENSE, no wait, yes please be offended and dont reply, i dont want to hear any more inane garble from you.

some people seem to think the patch made mazz easier cause it was beaten so soon after it. besides that one bug, it actually made it HARDER , it just would've been beaten ages ago without that bug :/
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

I dunno...if you could somehow monitor explosions while you were ingame it might be fun...Then its like you are playing against the watcher AND the myth engine! Without the monitor on explosions I imagine it would just be frustrating :P.

Congrats on the victory Rab!

-DA

Don't forget, Oro's breath has a tendency to make things stop working too...
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

I enjoy being the highest person on that list who's only beaten two difficulty levels. *whooooaaash*

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

rabican wrote:some people seem to think the patch made mazz easier cause it was beaten so soon after it. besides that one bug, it actually made it HARDER , it just would've been beaten ages ago without that bug :/
Yea well we decided to patch it up to make it easier since you were having so much trouble with it. I mean we've beaten it multiple times. We had to try and give the public some type of chance. :wink:
alzapa

Post by alzapa »

wow, I am new to myth and its players, but Rabican sounds like a jerk!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

alzapa wrote:wow, I am new to myth and its players, but Rabican sounds like a jerk!
I've found that it's usually easier to make friends in a new community if I don't start off insulting people right after I meet them.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Rabican happens to absolutely rule. He's also very smart. And good at Myth.
alzapa

Post by alzapa »

vinylrake wrote:
alzapa wrote:wow, I am new to myth and its players, but Rabican sounds like a jerk!
I've found that it's usually easier to make friends in a new community if I don't start off insulting people right after I meet them.
ya I know, but I realy did not like Rabicans last post, and I dont like playing with people that act like that. So I dont care if he wants to play with me!
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

rabican wrote:NO OFFENSE, no wait, yes please be offended and dont reply, i dont want to hear any more inane garble from you.
Then don't read my replies, Rab. Honestly, if you told everyone you knew not to read my posts, I won't be affected. See if you can possibly take a holiday from Mazz 6 long enough to see I wasn't trying to rain on your parade.

What sort of guy defends bugs? Me. Bugs are a form of evolution. Carpet-bombing in TFL was a use of the physics engine that was not exploiting a bug - a defect or error - in the game. It was stamped out of M2 because people didn't want to deal with it. People who needed strict rules on behavior to win championships. People who demand discipline. In short, people who only play to win.

There are two ways to overcome bugs. Fix the bug, or out-think it and play around it, possibly exploit it. Hey, maybe it CAN'T be out-thought. But no-one was given the chance for the second way.

I'm on the OTHER side - people who play for fun. We're two different sorts of people, so forget trying to compare us by saying "my way's best, your way sux, I know more, you know shizzle", K?

If you don't WANT to try and beat the orginal version, fine. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If someone does beat the original version, all that means is that the game was winnable in its original state - not better, worse, harder or easier.

-Oro
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Is Mazz6v1 still avaible to dl somewhere?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Now look what you've done Oro, gone and created a demand for the obsolete plugin!
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I think you need to think a bit more about your posts Oro.

I've played Mazz as much (if not more) as most people, I've been on winning teams, I've witnessed a godawful amount of newbies sucking and everythin else. But I wouldn't have played it at all if it wasn't fun. Just because people play Mazz to win, does not mean they are not trying to have fun also.

Your comments indicate a lack of knowledge of Mazz, this is an example...
Oroboros wrote:Perhaps in future the first thing to consider is harvesting roots before setting up a base camp,
In this case you're ignorant of how the group of Timmah, Rabican etc play. They are always moving around to harvest roots, sure at times you camp around, but as soon as you need more heals/demon lord shows up, you're moving again.
Oroboros wrote:What sort of guy defends bugs? Me
Wonderful, I'm really pleased the people here developing myth patches and maps don't share this view. Otherwise the ammo bug in Mazz V wouldn't have been fixed, as well as dozens of basic gameplay bugs such as the walk bug etc. I cannot see your point at all.
Oroboros wrote:Carpet-bombing in TFL was a use of the physics engine that was not exploiting a bug - a defect or error - in the game. It was stamped out of M2 because people didn't want to deal with it. People who needed strict rules on behavior to win championships. People who demand discipline. In short, people who only play to win.
Now I play Civilization 4 and its a great game and all, but some of the best players believe there is one 'best' way to win, this means a lack of variety sometimes which is essential to keep a large base of players interested. Carpet bombing was basically the only way to play when you had a Dorf and Fetch in UT. What makes it worse is that its not anywhere near an accurate art. Now you state that it was made impossible because of overly competitive people who only play to win complaining about it. What point are you trying to make here? TFL players were just as competitive as SB players (look at the modern day TFL players, Rabiez for instance and the brief appearance of godcops).
Oroboros wrote:There are two ways to overcome bugs. Fix the bug, or out-think it and play around it, possibly exploit it. Hey, maybe it CAN'T be out-thought. But no-one was given the chance for the second way.
Lets apply this in a different way, say a judge is blatantly biased in a Boxing match, now the obvious thing would be to have the judge thrown out for their obvious bias, no-one would ever suggest that the boxer who the judge is biased against should have to fight harder.

None of this is personal or anything, but I felt I really needed to point some stuff out :cry:

edit - to alzapa - rabican has a low tolerance threshold for people who don't know what they are talking about. He frequently scolds his companions and himself so he's harmless
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze