is shapesifting monster possible?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rabican

is shapesifting monster possible?

Post by rabican »

I thought about doing shapesifting monster with artifact monster overriding. according to fear documentation both original and overriding monster must have same collection . would it be possible to make shapesifter with just combining 2 collections then doing normal monster overriding item?

if so ,is there (pc) tool which would allow me to do this?

i have absolutely no clue how collections work :E
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

A Charlies Point unit changed when you hit special I think. The unit itself looked different and acted different so it seemed like a 'full change'. Memory is hazy though....about 4 years hazy.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I guess you could do that through scripting: delete one monster and create the other one, thus having 2 collections completely different switch at a certain time during the game.
You could do it when it picks up an artifact(tuni action), or when it taunts, ...
You could do this with a pc, in fear and loathing

but I don't see why you just couldn't make into 1 collection 2 units SO different that you just could avoid going into scripting and do it the classy way of switching with artifact override...
basically the monster tags of both units would be different, and the sequences inside the collection different...
you would need to use amber to create the collection (you'll need a mac) and a pc to make the artifact override in fear (though I think they upated fear for mac too and now actually you could do it with a mac too)
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
rabican

Post by rabican »

[quote]but I don't see why you just couldn't make into 1 collection 2 units SO different that you just could avoid going into scripting and do it the classy way of switching with artifact override...
basically the monster tags of both units would be different, and the sequences inside the collection different...
you would need to use amber to create the collection (you'll need a mac) and a pc to make the artifact override in fear (though I think they upated fear for mac too and now actually you could do it with a mac too)[/quote]

yeah, that would be what i need. anoyne willing to do bit of ambering `? :) i would need mage(any non warlock mage will do ) + fg collections. if its time consuming or hard operation say so and i'll do something else :¤
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

I think this has been discussed a couple of times, I wanted to try this myself but alas I am on a pc as well..

The main problem, at least that I've heard, is when combining the two collections into one, you also need to re-index the bitmaps of both collections or they will come out looking very crappy colour- and detailwise. If you have to go through every bitmap by hand and re-index it it's gonna be a huge workload, but if Amber has an easier way of doing it, it might very well be doable.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Someone with photoshop can do a batch job and reindex all the photo's at once. Your real limit with 2 different units is that you only have 240 colors to work with. But I don't think that should be problem. Your real problem is finding someone who still has amber, and has time.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Forgive my ignorance, but exactly why is it both monsters have to be in the same collection?
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

In short, the Monster Override option in the artifact tag can only switch monsters that are in the same collection tag.