What is Frenzy?

Talk about anything here.
Krusader

What is Frenzy?

Post by Krusader »

Hey,

I was looking at the Project Magma website(good job btw), and I came upon this screenshot of a Myth II 3rd party creation called "Frenzy" and "Jinn". I've never seen those before, where can I download them or are they still in development?

http://projectmagma.net/what/screens/frenzy.php
Krusader Bastard
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Frenzy you can download here. Btw that screenshot's from a very early beta - the colormap looks nothing like that now.

Jinn was developed years ago by Vista - surprised you hadn't heard of it. I don't know a download link offhand but I'm sure someone will provide one...
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Jinn was developed years ago by Vista - surprised you hadn't heard of it. I don't know a download link offhand but I'm sure someone will provide one...
The Vista Map-Making Cartel to be totally accurate. I don't know where the original is, but rather like how Lothar/GHOST (where is ghosty now by the way?) worked on The Seventh God 1.4 updating the plugin for Myth II v1.4.x or higher, Phex created Jinn v1.5. I believe it is far superior and would recomend anyone who wants Jinn to get that version.

http://www.myth.eu.tp/

To quote Phex:
JINN is a total conversion for Myth II created by VistaCartel back in 2001. It takes place in a desert world with a strange and dense atmosphere. To create this atmosphere, JINN makes unique use of models and complex map design in combination with a moving story. As the original JINN used a laborious installation technique that is not supported by v1.5 anymore, this recreation makes it possible to play JINN with up-to-date Myth versions.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

iron wrote:Frenzy you can download here. Btw that screenshot's from a very early beta - the colormap looks nothing like that now.

woops, I meant played...could never get it to work for some reason. It had a weird installation process if I recall.
Krusader Bastard