ki'Angsi

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Khadrelt

ki'Angsi

Post by Khadrelt »

So why is it that in the original TFL ki'Angsi would shoot, move a little, shoot, move a little, etc., but in the Fallen Levels plugin for M2 he just stands there and shoots like any other archer? Is there some way to make archers do the shoot-move-shoot thing?

Another question - When I give an arrow a detonation (making an arrow that explodes), the detonation only goes off if the arrow hits the ground - it just does the normal arrow damage if it hits a monster. So how do you assign a projectile group for a detonation that will take place even if the arrow hits the monster? I know I can give the arrow itself explosion damage and area of effect, but what if I want the explosion to have a projectile group (with sound, mesh effect, etc.)? I ran into the same problem when trying to give a detonation to a sword swing.
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

There should be two options: a "base" detonation...which happens all the time...and a "secondary" detonation...which only happens when it misses the target. If you set both to the explosion it should work...sorry if I'm being vauge, I'm not on my own computer right now.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I solved the detonation problem. After much experimenting, I found that all I had to do was chance the arrow's damage type to 'Explosion,' and then I could change its damage to 0, so it wouldn't add more damage to the detonation I gave it. When I did that, they worked fine.

That still leaves my question about whether archers can be made to behave like ki'Angsi from the original TFL.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I believe bre-unor behave in the way you describe in regular Myth II.