High res units

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

serail SEE-RAIL? C'mon souly even you can beat that.

Even the Take2 published stuff like M2 worlds had that didn't they ar?
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

My manual doesnt say anothing like that... only that if this manual doesnt have it, "phone us up and we will make fun of you, coz you didnt follow the instructions, so when we give it to you RIGht it down" something like that

SO Wazup with that............. SEE rail? :evil:
CurstAlchemist

Post by CurstAlchemist »

Well back in the old days before bungie was bought by Microsoft you had to go to the Bungie website and register to play online, the registration was what gave you access to play online with Myth TFL. These they told you to write down in the back of your manual in the spaces provided.

When Myth II came out the registration gave you not only your User name and password but it also came with a Serial Number. Like with Myth TFL they provided a space for you to write it down on and above the Username they had a space for the Serial Number.

Now however Bungie.net is no longer up so that information is now pointless and in order to play online you have to log onto a third party server like playmyth and all they require is for you to have an email tied into your internet provider. Hope that this cleared this up.

Damn I can't believe that I've been playing this game off and on for almost 10 years but they are such great games... er well the two made by bungie are.
Visions:
I cannot believe in paradise Glorious and undefiled, For gates all scrolled and streets of gold Are tales for a dreaming child.
I am too lost for shame That it moves me unto mirth, But I can envision a Hell of flame For I have lived on earth.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The fact so many others are here too shows you're not crazy :O

OK, so there's not 'many' but if you compare us to online communities that just don't exist anymore...
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

The Elfoid wrote: Even the Take2 published stuff like M2 worlds had that didn't they ar?
I wouldn't know actually, I got my cd before the big break-up, I'm old school :wink: 8)

Aye, the CurstAlchemist is right though, they only served a purpose for signing up for a login on Bungie.net, so Take2 might as well have gotten rid of them, probably replaced with some GameSpy promo thing of some sort :?
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth II: Worlds I was on about, which came about before death of Bungie.net.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Oh.. well, I think I already had two cds by that time as well (all my dummying requirements already met) so I never got it :?

If bungie.net was still up, I'm almost entirely certain they would have included serials in the packaging for multiplayer accounts. I think on the second disc I bought the serial was stickered onto the back of the manual...
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Curst, I'm pretty sure the serial number came on the back of the game manual, and you needed that serial number to create a username and password to play on Bungie.net.
CurstAlchemist

Post by CurstAlchemist »

Eddaweaver wrote:Curst, I'm pretty sure the serial number came on the back of the game manual, and you needed that serial number to create a username and password to play on Bungie.net.
Actually I dusted off my original manuals before I made my post as its been a long time and I didn't completely remember myself.
Visions:
I cannot believe in paradise Glorious and undefiled, For gates all scrolled and streets of gold Are tales for a dreaming child.
I am too lost for shame That it moves me unto mirth, But I can envision a Hell of flame For I have lived on earth.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Call having the manual hardcore? Grim has a receipt from 1999
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Well, I've got an authentic 20% savings coupon at the Bungie Store, courtesy of the SPR tournament. Nya nya! 8) :roll:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I've got the Disembodied Soul.