PLMO Question

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
point and laugh

PLMO Question

Post by point and laugh »

Img 1
I created several Platoon Movement actions to get several platoons of units to move into a position. I tried it on the first platoon, and it moved where I wanted it to:
Img 2
However, when I tried it on a second platoon, the platoon seperated, with half going to the position i want, and half going off nowhere. The blue arrow points to the correct destination and the unit that went there, and the red at the rest of the men.
Img 3
(Note: The platoons are composed of two squads: the platoon itself composed of 40 men, and a platoon leader.)

I did the same thing for both movements, and I can't figure out what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it.
Last edited by point and laugh on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

to help you we would need the exact script parameters you created
but just out of the blue do check if your platoon is related to a squad and if it's related to a platoon movement.
in the squad action make sure the centerpoint and the subject monsters of the squad are correctly assigned
on the plattoon mov that the waypoints are correct
on the platton action that the correct squad and platoon mov are selected and that the centerpoint and facing is correct.
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
point and laugh

Post by point and laugh »

Hmmm, turns out I mixed up the centerpoints... :roll:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I was going to suggest you change the last waypoint and centerpoints of your second platoon, cause clearly the warriors are bumping into that steep terrain on the hill immediately behind them. Some units are being told to stand on a location they cant go, so they walk off elsewhere.

GJ concluding that yourself though :)