You play too much Myth when...

Talk about anything here.
Lugas

You play too much Myth when...

Post by Lugas »

Please list symptoms of Myth addiction. I'll start you off.

1) You have at least attempted to make a sequel or prequel to Myth.
2) You download as many plugins as possible.
3) If you have played Diablo 2 or something similar, you have attempted to make Barbarians look like berserks, or Paladins like warriors, or a sorceres like Shiv...you get the idea.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

If someone called out your myth nickname in the street, would you automatically assume they're addressing you?
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Welly

Post by Welly »

... when you want to get someone's attention, and... just for the briefest of microseconds... you reach upward with your mouse hand in a "creating selection box" motion over the person.

I've done this. Once.

I walked away in shame. Thankfully no one else knew what the hell happened.
A-Red

Re: You play too much Myth when...

Post by A-Red »

Lugas wrote:1) You have at least attempted to make a sequel or prequel to Myth.
Those are pretty normal...aren't they? :oops:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Welly wrote:... when you want to get someone's attention, and... just for the briefest of microseconds... you reach upward with your mouse hand in a "creating selection box" motion over the person.

I've done this. Once.

I walked away in shame. Thankfully no one else knew what the hell happened.

You just made my day. LMFAO!!!
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

1. When someone is really annoying you, you search around for the unit trading window.

2. Are afraid to get kicked by a trow when enjoying a campfire.

3. Have stars flying around you at the doctor's place and hearing strange "umm" sounds.

4. During an exam, when time's almost up you hear "Five minutes remaining!"

And finally, when someone asks you what games you play and you tell them its Myth. They all seem to know that game, until you tell them its not Myst, it's Myth, god damnit!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I've actually said "Five minutes remaining", "Game Over", "Casualty", and almost rarely "Yur dead!" out loud for some reason. Of course no one around knows what I'm talking about when I do. After playing too long I sometimes may have 'flashes of Myth'. I could be doing anything and suddenly an image of a battle between Myth units just the way they look on screen but a bit zoomed in with no control bars. They're no flashbacks ... they haven't happened... yet. :wink:

1) When you are watching a movie on your computer only to find yourself looking at the top right corner looking for an overhead map to see where this is taking place. (Sad to say I've done this recently.)

2) When you see a raven you think of Soulblighter, and you imagine the rest of its group staring at you as they are plotting to attack.

3) When you see a person wearing a lot of yellow you think of wights.

4) When you see images of werewolves and you think of myrkridia.

5) When someone says the word "myth" you quickly turn and see if they meant "Myth" the game.

6) When you call a friend "Deceiver" due to his deceitful ways. (A friend called me Deceiver... even though he doesn't play... I make him play it.)

7) When your family starts to play just because you do. (My little sisters)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

1) You have at least attempted to make a sequel or prequel to Myth.
3) If you have played Diablo 2 or something similar, you have attempted to make Barbarians look like berserks, or Paladins like warriors, or a sorceres like Shiv...you get the idea.
1) Not really
2) I've gone several GB over the limit and burnt what I can't play now onto DVD....
3) Yeah, I guess I made a 'Myth army' in some RTS games before
Baron LeDant wrote:If someone called out your myth nickname in the street, would you automatically assume they're addressing you?
It has happened. But that was Magical Trevor and Youngsy, so its ok.
... when you want to get someone's attention, and... just for the briefest of microseconds... you reach upward with your mouse hand in a "creating selection box" motion over the person.
Nope. Welly, you freak.
4. During an exam, when time's almost up you hear "Five minutes remaining!"

And finally, when someone asks you what games you play and you tell them its Myth. They all seem to know that game, until you tell them its not Myst, it's Myth, god damnit!
We get 4) anyway ;O

I normally get 'oh I think I have that game. You build armies before you use em right?', then they INSIST they've played it and won't shut up. Half of them mean Age of Empires, half I have no idea. Then they tell me I can't play it much if I know so little.
7) When your family starts to play just because you do. (My little sisters)
When you start teaching your kids to play the game you played when you were their age ~Matty, Timmah
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

I saw a very tall guy the other day, together with his girlfriend who was very tiny. I made the association of him being a Forest Giant and her being a Ghol, and that he would KIK HER ASS
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Whenever you see the film Castaway, you think about placing a berserk next to the beachball on White Falls, and start thinking "Wilson! Wilson! I'm sorry!"

You still need Mas OS 9 or Classic support.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Your all missing the bigger picture, those are only miner things.
Well Welly yours is realy Freaky, but anyway.

1) and only, if your still playing MYth :twisted: your invected!
Soulytfs_1

Post by Soulytfs_1 »

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:29 am Post subject: College Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a few weeks into college now, and I can't play any of my favorite games online because the T-1 has all the ports blocked and there's no bargaining to get any open. Sometime soon apparently theyre going to make personal DSL connections available to all the students, so it might be a while until i'm back in the community again.

On a lighter note, I used Myth in a presentation for my critical thinking class, and blew shit up on a giant projector screen. I got an A.

-oogaBooga
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

I dream of myth if i play it before going to the bed...
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Thats nothing yet. Things are getting worse when u start dreaming about chatting in lobby...
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

When you pass notes to other kids in class, you say 'Shhhhhh' loud enough for anyone to hear.

When watching football on TV you should 'D D D guys' rather than 'come on guys, get back and defend' (is it just us Brits who shout at TV in sport games?).

You say 'CC plains' during golf matches.

You get in trouble for 'flanking' during bowling.

When you hear the dorf riot theme tune you should out 'make way for the dwarf'.

You have serious doubts about what lurks in Trowbridge.