Your favorite Journal passage or Unit text

Talk about anything here.
Slinx

Your favorite Journal passage or Unit text

Post by Slinx »

This far east, the Dwarves with us are closer to their occupied homelands than any of their race has been in fifty years. Not expecting to return, many of them have decided to give up their lives rather than abandon their country once again to the Ghôls who have overrun it.

What follows is their story.
That's my favorite individual passage.
A real enemy is someone who hates you enough to disprove what you believe, even though they may share the same beliefs.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Heh cant decide, they are all great.

I was laughing like hell when I first played 3rd party coop map "Ephor of Myrgard". Ghol pack-leader flavor was " All ghols are equal but some are more equal"
Animal Farm rocks :D
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

My 2 favourites are both from the Interstate Love Trow plugin.

-Journeyman-

"As he cleaned the blood off his shovel, he could not help but wonder...if Ross should get back together with Rachel"

And the Trow:

"He has travelled long, he has travelled wide, looking for love and a place to hide. He doesn't know when, he doesn't know how, but he'll find you somehow, he's the Interstate Love Trow"

:lol:
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

“...it is said that the animation rituals require the caster to surrender a portion of his soul to provide the Knight's semblance of life.”
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I think Slinx's choice is the best one to hear read aloud. In terms of reading it myself I don't know though.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I'm not sure it's my favorite, but for some reason it's always the first thing to pop into my head when I think of Myth narration quotes:

"I can hardly believe what I have just witnessed."

I actually used that quote as a preface to a very long and utterly pointless poem I wrote. It's filled with quotes and innuendos from Myth and Marathon, and I hope that if it ever becomes famous someday very wise scholars will debate for hours about the meaning of its many seemingly random phrases...
The cake is a lie.
MadMartigan

:-D

Post by MadMartigan »

Did Soulblighter plan to wash both the Legion and Shiver out to sea? Truly there is no end to the fiend's malfeasance.

I like saying that to my roommates when they do evil wizard trickery to me during myth games.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

"Yesterday I saw iu'Shee, captain of archers, with a fist full of white arrows five feet long and tipped with fragments of bone. I lost track of who was carrying the Watcher's arm when we fled Silvermines, but I suspect its turned up again."

There's to many to choose from though, you should have put it down as 'your favorite journal passage from each journal entry or unit text for particular unit' 8)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

"Interstate Love Trow"? I don't think I've ever heard of this plugin. Do you happen to have a dl link or a copy you could share?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

I can't find it that quickly...

But it's all the SB levels, but with a trow, dorf hero, nurse, dorf mort hero, fetch, and warlock hero.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Gjallarhorn wrote:I can't find it that quickly...

But it's all the SB levels, but with a trow, dorf hero, nurse, dorf mort hero, fetch, and warlock hero.
Oh no rush. Take your time.

NURSE?

I really have to see this plugin.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

vinylrake wrote:

NURSE?

Journeyman is called "nurse" ;)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Crow's Bridge
Yesterday our legion entered the village of Crow's Bridge and halted there for the night. We are just four days march from the besieged city of Madrigal now, and with a little luck should arrive there in time to prevent its capture by the enemy.

Shiver, one of the Fallen Lords, has been attacking the city for two days, but so far has been held back by its defenders. We all know the battle for Madrigal will decide the fate of all the Northern lands, and that if it falls we will soon have nowhere to retreat but the ocean.

Fearing for their safety, the villagers here pleaded with us to remain when we broke camp this morning. None of them understand yet what is happening, but they have all seen the refugees from the south, and they are frightened.

Our officers seemed unsympathetic until the people returned with nine young pigs and ten dozen loaves of bread. Fifteen of us are to stay now, perhaps to fight boredom instead of the Fallen Lords, and watch the bridge here for two days.

and Bagrada
Damn I hate the cold. A few months of warm weather and you forget what it's like to have your eyes frost shut and the snot freeze in your nose. And it doesn't bother the undead one bit either, I'm sure.
Archer

Post by Archer »

"A house gutted by fire, a well poisoned with carrion, what had been sheep in the morning spread like a thick jam against the long wall of the barn…"

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

vinylrake wrote:

NURSE?

To get back at this, I've uploaded a few "rare" plugins to The Vault, Interstate Love Trow is among them, so try it if you like. You should also try Alric's Return.