You play too much Myth when...

Talk about anything here.
lank

Post by lank »

vinylrake wrote:You know you play too much myth when you are editing an image in photoshop and you try to use the Myth keyboard camera controls to zoom around the picture.
... and when you try to use the myth camera controls in other games where it's not possible to rotate the camera...

... and when you have even unconsciously started to cock your wrist and twitch your fingers to change your view when not even near a computing device, let alone a game, let alone photoshop, let alone myth, glorious myth itself... :oops:
*toot*
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

You know you play too much Myth when..

You've gone through umpteen free webhost providers looking for a place to host your mapmaking site even though no one's downloading maps, let alone playing them, these days!
vinylrake

Re: ..

Post by vinylrake »

TheHelmet wrote:You know you play too much Myth when..

You've gone through umpteen free webhost providers looking for a place to host your mapmaking site even though no one's downloading maps, let alone playing them, these days!
What are you looking for, a massive "all maps ever made" or "a few maps I wrote or want to host because I can't find them anywhere else" site?

If the former, playmyth/blades is reportedly working on a new post-mill myth download site. If the latter, try udogs - they have a lot of user posted maps there, they might host them or give you an account.

ps. If you have some really obscure map(s) that aren't on udogs or the other myth download sites, let me know - I'll be happy to host them for you.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

no no no, if you have really obscure stuff that hl.udogs.net doesn't have, upload it to hl.udogs.net, don't tell vinyl anything, it's a tarp!.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Doobie wrote:no no no, if you have really obscure stuff that hl.udogs.net doesn't have, upload it to hl.udogs.net, don't tell vinyl anything, it's a tarp!.
I resent that, my offer was really more like a basic sheet of plastic than a tarp.

besides, I just offered to host them IF udogs didn't want to host the obscure maps for some obscure or not so obscure reason.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

You've played a game too long if you get into 'no IM gonna host the plugin' arguments ;)
TheHelmet

!

Post by TheHelmet »

Haha, well, it's actually for the site that I created to host my own projects so it's just two maps so far, and some information on the infinite wip solo project I started some time back.

The christmas period has been really hectic with work and a move in progress but I'm now hosted by frihost.net, they demand a few posts in their forums a week but I think I can manage that.

I'll probably upload it to my uploads folder on Udogs as well, soon as I get the whole connection debacle settled.. :(

If you wanna mirror it VR that's cool, or just rip the link from http://ar-maps.frih.net/files, since that's where the files will land as soon as they're out.

Oh, and also to keep on topic, you know you play too much Myth when your Myth plugins folder is larger than your pr0n folder!
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

You are scared of comets.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

You are a comet.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Lugas wrote:You are scared of comets.
Sup Ruin? ;)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The more I think about it I really I don't understand the whole premise of this topic.

How is it possible to play "too much" Myth?
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

vinylrake wrote:The more I think about it I really I don't understand the whole premise of this topic.

How is it possible to play "too much" Myth?
Too much is when you forget to eat, drink, sleep etc. Mostly Japanese people are killed that way :D
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

We had a freak snowstorm cover Seattle 2 days ago, and on thursday a night a unexpected comet was visible. Now imagine what's going through my mind?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

When Tony Blair asked us to go to war with Iraq, I was waiting for someone to shout out about that. And the fact its been less than 1000 years since the Great War. No one did.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

You play too much Myth when:

You go into a cemetary at night and expect the dead to pop-out of their graves and find 4 people called the same name imprisoned.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.