TFV in progress?

Talk about anything here.
Gjallarhorn

TFV in progress?

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Since I do not know much about this upcoming release (only played the 3 levels that were released as a demo) I wonder when it will be released and what's in progress. Someone with info over here?
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

These things take time. There's no idea how long it could take. Don't try going on the website, it's down.

I asked Horus what was going on and he said:
Horus â„¢ wrote:Yeah I know it bothers me too.

Hopefully at somepoint soon we'll be able move to a new domain name, and expand/update the site then it should be back up permanently.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well the holidays have people occupied but TFV is moving or at least during this holiday its on a pause but will continue soon. Horus or Graydon would have more details if they ever show up!
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

It reminds me Duke Nukem Forever.
In 2000 they said "yeah lol no problem it will be over soon".
In 2007, not released yet :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Development stated 1999 right?

EDIT: checked, DNF has been worked on since 1997!
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

The Elfoid wrote:Development stated 1999 right?

EDIT: checked, DNF has been worked on since 1997!
Yeah I remember I bought a trailer cd on a holiday, 10 years ago, DNF was on, graphics were great in that time (if that would be released now I wouldn't know if I should whether laugh or cry) and I hoped to buy myself a copy at the end of that year. :lol:

And now it's 10 years past...time flies :shock:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

TFV is still in the swing of things, however we did get set back a little bit with the domain name expiring again. We've switched web-hosts since last year, and the current URL for the site is being 'held' in the old hosts name, and I cant contact him. We just need to get some shit together and register for a new domain name, and the switch will be effortless.

Of the 25 levels we've originally planned for, we've got about 23 of the colourmaps done, and probably about 15-18 of them with solid script on them. The remaining handfull are either in the process of displacement mapping, unique terrain model creation/placement, scenery and unit placement, or in the case of the last 2 maps, colourmapping.

Progress is looking good, however we've still got a massive lack in the continual flow of new unit production, which is basically what's holding things back. Alot of the levels that need scripting now, need unique monsters for those levels..... sure we can make stand-ins, but some units simply dont have sequences for the stuff we want them to do...... so the waiting game is played.

Anybody out there with any desire to see this behemoth ship sooner than later, would toss us some animated unit models :P

Thanks for showing the interest, it definitely keeps us (Onyx Warlords) motivated to produce good shit for you guys to play.

So, while you're waiting for us to finish, please.... Go Play Myth and Have Fun!

Happy Holidays guys.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Graydon wrote:TFV is still in the swing of things, however we did get set back a little bit with the domain name expiring again. We've switched web-hosts since last year, and the current URL for the site is being 'held' in the old hosts name, and I cant contact him. We just need to get some shit together and register for a new domain name, and the switch will be effortless.

Of the 25 levels we've originally planned for, we've got about 23 of the colourmaps done, and probably about 15-18 of them with solid script on them. The remaining handfull are either in the process of displacement mapping, unique terrain model creation/placement, scenery and unit placement, or in the case of the last 2 maps, colourmapping.

Progress is looking good, however we've still got a massive lack in the continual flow of new unit production, which is basically what's holding things back. Alot of the levels that need scripting now, need unique monsters for those levels..... sure we can make stand-ins, but some units simply dont have sequences for the stuff we want them to do...... so the waiting game is played.

Anybody out there with any desire to see this behemoth ship sooner than later, would toss us some animated unit models :P

Thanks for showing the interest, it definitely keeps us (Onyx Warlords) motivated to produce good shit for you guys to play.

So, while you're waiting for us to finish, please.... Go Play Myth and Have Fun!

Happy Holidays guys.
Sounds very good, I'm looking forward too it :) Good luck with the units, I myself suck @ those things...
Horus

Post by Horus »

The TFV Site has moved to a new domain and is now back-up.

http://www.onyxwarlords.com/
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Great to see it back, but some pages have links to thefallensveangeance.com.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Horus

Post by Horus »

I only see one link that still links to the old address and that's the Return to TFV Home Page link in the forums. That'll be fixed at somepoint.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'm somewhat sorry Horus said the site's back up already, cause there's a bunch of thigns I'd like to do to it over the next couple of weeks that will really update it. For starters, make the current site merely a projects page, and put in a proper placeholder for The Onyx Warlords website.

I know there's problems with the current site. It was put up in a real big hurry. It's going to be fixed over the next little while, don't worry. :)
Horus

Post by Horus »

Btw for those dieing for screenshots here is afew I took recently stuffed in zip format

NEW TFV screenshots
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Or check out these, which I took awhile ago but haven't made it onto the site yet. They showcase seven of the post-demo levels.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

A-Red wrote:Or check out these, which I took awhile ago but haven't made it onto the site yet. They showcase seven of the post-demo levels.
On screenshot 2, there are soulless throwing spears at some warriors, and they all block :shock: Can they block on command?