Is 1.6 patch comming, or already offical?

Talk about anything here.
gazrang

Is 1.6 patch comming, or already offical?

Post by gazrang »

Hi guys, it's my first post :)

I'm playing myth 2 sb 1.5.1 and enjoy it. And I'm waiting for 1.6 version of myth to come. Is 1.6 patch comming, or already offical?
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

There's a beta patch available here, I don't know when the final will be released.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Gjallarhorn wrote:There's a beta patch available here, I don't know when the final will be released.
Yeah, but I think the most of people are using this beta. And Myrd wrote that the final will be released soon :wink:
gazrang

Post by gazrang »

Thanks you for quick replies. :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The beta's a public one - its stable and I recommend it.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

I thought I was using that beta too but I checked and I didn't.

So let's download that very quickly!
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

So when you say soon, do you mean? What category?

Soon,
as in, expected in the next month or 2.

soon
As in, Mazzarin's Demise 6, etc?

or Coming Soon tm.
Official release of special forces 2, and Laws of Evil.

Because with the Myth community, you have to make sure. :wink:

But in all seriousness, what is holding the final release? Everything seems stable in it, are they adding more features, tweaking code, ramping up a new ver of Fear and Loathing, or are they dealing with performance issues on some machines?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Cobalt 7 wrote:So when you say soon, do you mean? What category?

Soon,
as in, expected in the next month or 2.

soon
As in, Mazzarin's Demise 6, etc?

or Coming Soon tm.
Official release of special forces 2, and Laws of Evil.

Because with the Myth community, you have to make sure. :wink:

But in all seriousness, what is holding the final release? Everything seems stable in it, are they adding more features, tweaking code, ramping up a new ver of Fear and Loathing, or are they dealing with performance issues on some machines?
Well... I have no idea. Beta seems to be stable for me too, but I think you have to ask Myrd about details.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I only mention performance issues on some machines, because several of the Myth Jumpers refuse to upgrade to 1.6, mainly due to it having issues on their machines, despite being capable of 1.6.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

It's finalized. It will be released soon.

As for performance issues, there shouldn't be any, at least not compared to 1.5.1.

For Windows, the installer lets you choose between two versions, "Windowed" and "Classic", with "Windowed" being default. Classic corresponds to how 1.5.1 functions, whereas Windowed corresponds to how Melekor's special build of Windowed 1.5.1 works. If one of these worked for you on 1.5.1, then get the equivalent version of 1.6 will work without issues.

For OS X, there's also two versions. One is Universal, the other is PPC only (and works on OS 9 as well). Unless you're on an Intel Mac, I'd suggest sticking to the PPC version, since its built with the faster CW compiler and works just as 1.5.1. It's also fine under Rosetta, but you can choose between it and the Universal version.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Hooray for Myrd and his team of typewriter monkeys finishing off the patch in double time!