NEW MYTH MOVIE RELEASED

Talk about anything here.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

can't you upload this to YouTube or something? My video card is messed up and I can only watch flash based video.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Perhaps Ducky would like to submit his video to the Myth Vault. It's a website I put together for people to submit their myth related creations to. Seems like this would be a perfect fit.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Doobie wrote:Perhaps Ducky would like to submit his video to the Myth Vault. It's a website I put together for people to submit their myth related creations to. Seems like this would be a perfect fit.
You're the admin? Can you tell me why I don't get my activation mail after registration?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Not sure, perhaps it got caught in your junkmail folder?

I've gone ahead and activated your account, but I'm curious as to what the problem was as it seems to be working for others.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

We need more Myth videos like this. It picked good music, had alot of funny clips and great kills, had total parody/ goof moments, and had enough in jokes for Mythers to get some extra laughs. (ie The Bacon).

These vids are great because they show off the game, and put it into an easily digestible format. I can easily see someone using this format for a 10th anniversary vid ( The Units, the physics, the 3D terrain, the gameplay, free multiplayer, and the diverse number of plugins all in one easily chewable tablet)
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
ducky

Post by ducky »

Orlando the Axe wrote:can't you upload this to YouTube or something? My video card is messed up and I can only watch flash based video.
processing UL to google videos. search for myth 2 (i titled them myth 2: a ghol's tale and myth 2: a dwarf's tale).

Cobalt7 wrote:We need more Myth videos like this.
so make some.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

well, can you recommend any sort of free/ extremely cheap recording software for a G5 PowerPC iMac? Because if you could do that, then it would just be sunshine and rainbows.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
ducky

Post by ducky »

Cobalt 7 wrote:well, can you recommend any sort of free/ extremely cheap recording software for a G5 PowerPC iMac? Because if you could do that, then it would just be sunshine and rainbows.

wayell, unfortunately when I looked, I found no such freeware. If you can do a movie in less than 100 takes, you can get it done for free using the snapz demo:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

But if you're working on a long and intense project (or especially multiple projects), it's better to just buy it for $70. It seemed like a lot at the time, but really, in order to do all the recording work for the first movie and its sequel it was a good buy (and it even proved handy for some limited screenshots i needed).

I did it all on my g4 ibook.

Editing I did entirely with imovies (which i LOATHE, btw. It's a very obstinate program in which if you accidentally drag a clip too far, you can end up pushing around all the other clips in the whole movie, and if you dont catch it and hit undo, you're looking at resyncing the whole thing to the music (a difficult but quite rewarding process in itself)). The imovies built-in effects are mostly shit (load up a movie in imovies, and apply the "fairy dust" effect to see what I mean. how the flaming fuck would that effect EVER be useful to ANYbody?!), so for the sequel there are some special scenes which I just did the old-fashioned way by editing a bunch of consecutive frames in photoshop (like the flowers scene, the starwars scene, and the kissing scene in the sequel). That's a little tedious, but for short sequences (you're looking at 50-70 frames) it's bearable.

I hear adobe after effects ($$) and/or premiere is where it's at. Anyway, you can make quality movies with just snapz, imovies, and some sweet sweet lovin.

gl!
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Thank you. I figure I can make 1 Myth movie off the Snapz demo. I'm strongly considering to purchase it. Sorry if I sounded hostile, I've just been frustrated by Mac capturing.

So then, I'll go DL it today.

I was thinking of either Making a tribute vid to show off Myth, the improvements, the amazing plugins out for it, and poke a little fun at Starcraft and Warcraft 3.

Or I could just go make a series of Myth comedy flashes. I've got some great ideas on that. Match Myth scenes and gameplay up to audio blurbs from other movies, songs, and shows- ie alot like Phoenix Wrong.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Ducky, you mind if I copy your post to the MV forums to help any aspiring contributors get started?
KyleMaclean.net
Point

NIce job

Post by Point »

I almost cried as the lone dwarf walked alone through the proving grounds... keep em coming...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

doobie, i wanted to add my video to ur website, but i think i failed and it was uploaded to the root folder, and not in the videos folder...
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

ILL GET YOU! Not really though, Ill just toss it into your user folder :)

-DA
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ducky wrote:
Cobalt 7 wrote:well, can you recommend any sort of free/ extremely cheap recording software for a G5 PowerPC iMac? Because if you could do that, then it would just be sunshine and rainbows.

wayell, unfortunately when I looked, I found no such freeware. If you can do a movie in less than 100 takes, you can get it done for free using the snapz demo:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/
I haven't tried it so can't recommend it, but there's a freeware app for OS X called Copernicus that is supposed to give you "the ability to capture movies directly to ram, offering higher framerates than possible with other programs. Once you are done recording your movie, you can export to any video format that QuickTime supports, including MPEG-4. "

It was discontinued in 1994 so your mileage may vary.

If that won't work there are a handful of similar pgms on that page for <= $20.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
ducky

Post by ducky »

Doobie wrote:Ducky, you mind if I copy your post to the MV forums to help any aspiring contributors get started?

ps- NO! you many NOT mess with my INTELLECTUAL PROPERTAH. I deMAND that my FORUm posts NOT be used otherwise and in any other capacity or otherwards reproduced without my permission.

lol, sorry, had to go there.