M2:SB camera further away...

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Apollyon

M2:SB camera further away...

Post by Apollyon »

Heya,

Been some 4-5 years or so since I last played the game so a lot has been forgotten. Luckily remembering the actual game mechanics can be compared to riding a bike...

However, I can't seem to remember what one had to edit w/ the tag editor (fear was it?) to enable the camera to zoom out more. Any hints or ideas?

Cheers.
Horus

Post by Horus »

There never has been such a function. Sorry.
Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

Dang, I could have sworn... but I'm known to be mistaken more than once. Hehe. But thanks for putting my quest to rest. Cheers.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Apollyon wrote:Dang, I could have sworn... but I'm known to be mistaken more than once. Hehe. But thanks for putting my quest to rest. Cheers.
You can make the camera zoom FASTER, but not further out.

Observer Constants is the file that contains the values that control camera zoom/turning speed.

see: http://members.csolutions.net/michael/special/fear.htm
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I remember that resolution changed perspective for me but it was proly just an illusion.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Tireces wrote:I remember that resolution changed perspective for me but it was proly just an illusion.
Well if you zoom in close enough you can make things (scenery, units) really pixellated and then if you zoom out things look all smooth again...
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

Actually, back in the day when Myth 2 was still receiving patches from Bungie, didn't one of 'em bring the zoom a bit back? Any possibility of that happening with Magma's patches... just a tiny bit so you don't feel that claustrophobic in Gimble for example? Of course, one could argue that's part of the game but I'm getting old and my eyes more tired ;)
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Yeah, I think it was 1.3 or something that updated the game and added an additional bit of zooming out, even though it actually zooms out at a less direct angle.

I think it's still apparent when you zoom out all the way, somewhere in the last bit it flattens out a bit...