Pope's scenery packs..?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
TheHelmet

Pope's scenery packs..?

Post by TheHelmet »

Hi, anyone have these, or a working link would be super... (there's supposed to be 5 of them)

I've been scouring the mapmaking sites, dead and alive, for the past couple of days trying to find these again but can't find them anywhere.. seems I lost mine in some clean-uppetiness. :cry:
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I found the first one on udogs, either the Tain archive or the other major map collection (gaming/myth2/maps or something like that). I've never seen the other four.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Yeah, I think they were only available a long while back from Pope's personal page/mini-site at the creation website.

They're listed at VR's mything.org and I'd really like to see if anyone's got any of the others or if they never made it all the way to release..?

http://mything.org/index.php?a=map-sear ... game&v2=sb > scroll down to Pope's Scenery Pack #'s.

VR around, you got any of these floating around on your hd?

I'll look up the one you found though, thanks A!
vinylrake

Re: ..

Post by vinylrake »

TheHelmet wrote:VR around, you got any of these floating around on your hd?
vr not around, vr an oval, but I'll see what I have. I know I have at least one, I think I _might_ have 3 of the 4.

more news at 11.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

vinylrake wrote:vr not around, vr an oval
I honestly thought there were more edges to you but yeah.. :wink:

Thanks a bunch, I have the file that can be found on udogs, in the Myth II/plugins dir I think it was.. the one called forge pack or something like that..
I'll be in bed in a few mins, and now here's the weather...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

TheHelmet wrote:Thanks a bunch, I have the file that can be found on udogs, in the Myth II/plugins dir I think it was.. the one called forge pack or something like that..

I'll be in bed in a few mins, and now here's the weather...
well that took a little longer than I planned... I only had the one complete Pope Scenery Pack (#1 aka the Forge one you have) but I did find other bits and pieces of things by the Pope on my HD.

here;s a link to a list of Pope things I know about - which includes pix of scenery items even if I don't have the items themselves - followed by a semi-organized list of Pope authored mapmaking resources. (things I have _somewhere_ on my HD have an * to the left of the scenery object's name. If there's anything I have that you don't, let me know and I'll look into it.

http://mything.org/index.php?a=map-sear ... or&v2=pope

Scenery Pack #1 (@ udogs)
* TOMB
* Blossom Tree
* Lion Throne
* Desert Column
* Gallows

Scenery Pack #2
Ruin
Olympus Flame
CIAM netflag (Square?)
Bowl Flame
Dark Boulder
Bowl Flame Night

* Cathedral Cross
* Cathedral Scenery

ogre (I am about 90% positive I have this, though I might have extracted it from a map - come to think of it sillek's 'ref1' map uses an Ogre which I am pretty sure is by The Pope)

Pope's Scenery Pack #3 ???
[I have no idea what's in this pack]

Pope's Scenery Pack #4
* Sword Holder
* Roast Pig
* Water Well (also appears on Olde Sarum Arena map)
* Splotchy Rocks

Pope's Scenery Pack #5
Burly Fence
Hot Dog Stand
* Cracked Rock Walls
* Palm Tree (WWII)
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

vinylrake wrote:
TheHelmet wrote: Scenery Pack #1 (@ udogs)
* TOMB
* Blossom Tree
* Lion Throne
* Desert Column
* Gallows

Scenery Pack #2
Ruin
Olympus Flame
CIAM netflag (Square?)
Bowl Flame
Dark Boulder
Bowl Flame Night

* Cathedral Cross
* Cathedral Scenery

ogre (I am about 90% positive I have this, though I might have extracted it from a map - come to think of it sillek's 'ref1' map uses an Ogre which I am pretty sure is by The Pope)

Pope's Scenery Pack #3 ???
[I have no idea what's in this pack]

Pope's Scenery Pack #4
* Sword Holder
* Roast Pig
* Water Well (also appears on Olde Sarum Arena map)
* Splotchy Rocks

Pope's Scenery Pack #5
Burly Fence
Hot Dog Stand
* Cracked Rock Walls
* Palm Tree (WWII)
Either your archive is jumbled or mine is, I've got the Forge thing, Pope's scenery pack 1, and that includes DesertColumn, LionThrone, NormandyWall, Palmtree, SeigeWall, SplotchyRocks and the WaterWell.. I'd really like anything out of the packs that you can get ahold of other than those items I mentioned above..
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

TheHelmet wrote:Either your archive is jumbled or mine is, I've got the Forge thing, Pope's scenery pack 1, and that includes DesertColumn, LionThrone, NormandyWall, Palmtree, SeigeWall, SplotchyRocks and the WaterWell.. I'd really like anything out of the packs that you can get ahold of other than those items I mentioned above..
I am sure it's mine. I split stuff apart on my hard drive so I could more easily find individual pieces of collections - I probably tossed things in the wrong folder at one point.

As for what you would like, send me a list of anything I marked with an asterisk that you don't have (after taking the time to check my HD and my documentation for Pope creations I am too lazy to compare your list and mine) and send it to me and I'll figure out how to get it to you. (i'll probably toss stuff up on mything.org/downloads at least temporarily till you get a chance to download it)