Timid, Simple, Normal - any difference?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Huh I didn't know any of this. It seems stupid to me... how do you take it off?
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Fury IX wrote:Huh I didn't know any of this. It seems stupid to me... how do you take it off?
You mean health bonuses and handicaps Fury ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Well, Fury, then just play at normal, since there aren't any adjustments at that difficulty, or better yet, play heroic or legendary and give the dark a little edge..
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Fury IX wrote:Huh I didn't know any of this. It seems stupid to me... how do you take it off?
What seems stupid? No one seems to be against the idea of difficulties that actually do something.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Well say the game is set up so that the dificulties adjust to # of players in the game rather then how stupid the players are, there should be a way to make it all the same. It seems maps would get unbalanced, as we get more enemy, we get weaker as well? I guess considering I never noticed before its not a huge deal but I still think health levels and resistance should be determined by the map maker rather then the engine maker.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You as the mapmaker also have the ability to give the player more units on higher difficulties to compensate though, don't you?
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

If you really wanted, you could give all the units an artifact in certain difficulties that evens it out by altering resistances.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Instead of using difficulties to set how many players there are you could add scripting to have the map test how many players there are and add them accordingly. Or stick to one difficulty like Normal... or Legendary as your default.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Ok lets back to topic for a second couse Im completly lost.
Do player units have more health (hit points) on lower difficulty levels or they just have better ristance for all attacks ?
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

ChrisP wrote:Timid = Player units resist damage better, giving them an equivalent of 200% health. Enemy AI units attack slower with a 1 second additional pause between attacks.

Simple = Player units have a 120% or 125% health equivalent, I'm not exactly sure which. Enemy AI units have an additional .5 second pause between attacks.

The above only applies in solo/co-op, of course. No non-scripted adjustments for Normal through Legendary.
Is it that hard to just check the first page on the topic again?
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

TheHelmet wrote:
ChrisP wrote:Timid = Player units resist damage better, giving them an equivalent of 200% health. Enemy AI units attack slower with a 1 second additional pause between attacks.

Simple = Player units have a 120% or 125% health equivalent, I'm not exactly sure which. Enemy AI units have an additional .5 second pause between attacks.

The above only applies in solo/co-op, of course. No non-scripted adjustments for Normal through Legendary.
Is it that hard to just check the first page on the topic again?
Uhh.. thx I guess, but I have already read that. (no ": : roll : :" tho ;) )
If you decide to scroll down a bit first page of this thread Helmet, u will find post saying that units take less damage instead of having more health, so its why I'm asking again :P

I assumue that on higher levels than normal Light units have less HP's.
75%, 80% on heroic ?
50% on 25% ?
Last edited by Tireces on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Clearly CP states, "No non-scripted adjustments for Normal through Legendary."

sooooo..I guess not?

:wink:
do it.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

ozone wrote:Clearly CP states, "No non-scripted adjustments for Normal through Legendary."

sooooo..I guess not?

:wink:
Heh I somehow didnt believe ya ( maybe couse my real name is Tom ;) )
So I have just made a lil test . And you were...RIGHT :D

On Legendary, Heroic and Normal difficulties a Thrall always need 8 hits to kill a warrior.
On Simple - 10 hits
On Timid - 15 or 16 hits ( and once I think he needed even 17 hits - not sure tho - I was always week @ mathematic ;) )
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Well, to clarify my post, just check Gray's and ChrisP's last two posts on the previous page. Now that you've completed your own testing of the matter, I guess nevermind though. 8)
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Wait, so Myth TFL had no slowdown feature, Myth 2 added in 1/2, and 1.4 added 1/4 ? Crazy.

Has the idea to add a 6th difficulty level ever been undertaken?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."