Mazz 6 tips please

Talk about anything here.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Does anyone have any idea on how exactly Spell/ Crystals/ Item drops work?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
trickstapriest

Post by trickstapriest »

kind of new to playing Mazz, and I rarely end up on Bungie.net to play (not all that great a player), so I've been soloing on timid to get used to the enemies/abilities of the core crew. Probably, the most annoying things I've run into are the "shooters", the orbs with spinning columns around them. What are people's usual techniques for taking them out?
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Heh, Bungie.net :D

I guess just bomb them with demo's as early as possible, make sure the floats only have one of the stronger units to target initially..?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

You won't have Demos on Timid, so try taking them out with the Mort instead, Pathfinder as a back up. I think once the Pyro is level 2, fireballs work well too. Otherwise, make sure to kill Arch Liches as quickly as possible so as to limit the number of arcane stars they can cast.

Yeah, I just made up the name "arcane stars". :P
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Are those the floats? :oops:
trickstapriest

floats

Post by trickstapriest »

TheHelmet wrote:Heh, Bungie.net :D
Shush you. ;p I meant Marius.net, it hasn't been THAT long...
ChrisP wrote:You won't have Demos on Timid, so try taking them out with the Mort instead, Pathfinder as a back up. I think once the Pyro is level 2, fireballs work well too. Otherwise, make sure to kill Arch Liches as quickly as possible so as to limit the number of arcane stars they can cast.

Yeah, I just made up the name "arcane stars". :P
Hehe... thanks for the help. The damn thing was hard to reach because I had a few columns of thrall interposed between me and it, so I had to use a Flame Path. Hate to have to lose a charge every time I ran into one though, so the fireball/mort suggestion works very well. By any chance, what are the arcane stars? I like to know what to look for. ;)
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

they look like shiny/ stary things with purple veticle "cat's eye" shaped lines rotating around them.

I think.... I never knew lich's actually spawned them. I thought killing the lich did.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."