Game help, Bound of the Oghres

Talk about anything here.
ArfPaws

Game help, Bound of the Oghres

Post by ArfPaws »

Good evening everyone. First of all I apologize for addressing this issue here, as I tried finding a FAQ or a guide anywhere on google without success. I decided to come here as people sure seem to know the game well.

I am stuck at the "Bound of the Oghres" mission in Myth 3, where you need to start a rebellion with the oghres to overthrow the Iron warriors. My whole army keeps being wiped out, I can gather 22 slaves, then when coming to the temple at the center to get more, they start fighting the Trow and the non converted ones. What am I supposed to do exactly? killing all the Iron warriors is impossible. Can anyone help me? How do you play and win this map?
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

If you're charging into the middle at the beginning, that's bad. It's best to stay close to the edge of the map and sort of circle around the temple, converting Oghre out from under the Trow's noses whenever possible. The temple in the middle is tricky, but if you time it right you can convert most of the Ogre there. That's how I've always done it, anyway, but it's been a while since I've played it so I may be forgetting something...
The cake is a lie.
ArfPaws

Post by ArfPaws »

Then what? do I have to kill all Trow in the map? just reach a certain oghre population? When I go in the temple the converted ones fight the others and attack the trows even if I tell them to come stay with the thick of my troops. It seems like an unwinnable mission so far, what exactly are you supposed to do? "Start a rebellion" means what exactly?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I'm not sure of the exact victory conditions, but I think you need to kill a certain number of Trow, while keeping a decent number of Oghre alive
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
ArfPaws

Post by ArfPaws »

Any tips to stop them? How are you supposed to fight so many trows at the same time? And would anyone know the link to a FAQ or guide for Myth 3?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Personally I've never beaten the level on Legendary, but someone who claimed they had said to put all your units on the horseshoe shaped platform in the middle of the map and bomb the Trow with Dorfs while leading them around with a Heron.
ArfPaws

Post by ArfPaws »

I play on Mighty, the normal setting. So you're actually supposed to fight them? It's just a slaughter for the Oghres, it doesn't make much sense to send them all to die against 4-6 trows at the same time but the idea of using dwarves as artillery and guard as a decoy is very good
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Just try to keep the Heron closer to the Trow than any of your other units, otherwise it won't work.

Also Myrdred and kill a lone Iron Trow if you attack then dodge until he has enough mana again.
vinylrake

Re: Game help, Bound of the Oghres

Post by vinylrake »

ArfPaws wrote:Good evening everyone. First of all I apologize for addressing this issue here, as I tried finding a FAQ or a guide anywhere on google without success. I decided to come here as people sure seem to know the game well.

I am stuck at the "Bound of the Oghres" mission in Myth 3...?
I don't play Myth3 but you might find something of use in this walkthrough
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Beated it solo on legendary once. I wonder where is that film now....

check this topic from pm.net

http://playmyth.net/index.php?name=PNph ... pic&t=5350
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
ArfPaws

Post by ArfPaws »

Wonderful! Thanks, that Faq is very helpful!