The Fallen Levels; The Last Battle bug?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Raflegan

The Fallen Levels; The Last Battle bug?

Post by Raflegan »

Every time I play the second to last TFL level plugin for Myth II (the last battle); there's a fetch which kills off all of my reinforcements around Alric at the banner, before my force can reach & activate them. I don't remember this happening in Myth I, but it seems to always happen in TFL plugin; is this a glitch that can be fixed? What exactly is going on? Why does the fetch recognize them if they're not activated as green usable units yet?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I know I've played and beaten that in Fallen Levels without that happening. Try killing the fetch before you move your army to that spot.
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

I try and hang back and kill all of the fetch first, but the one never even comes on the map when I play. I think it goes straight to the reserves. I just hear lightning in the distance. The berzerker that calls me over isn't there, he's dead, and usually only two archers survive. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

That's never happened to me, either, so that's pretty weird. Whenever I play it that fetch that's killing off your reinforcements is always just standing on the other side of that narrow river near the banner. I've never had it kill the uncontrollable men.
The cake is a lie.

Post by Avatara »

That's happened to me a couple of times.... I would say it kinda random. Try playing in different difficult settings and see if the problem persists.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Can you send the film?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

Cobalt 7 wrote:Can you send the film?
http://files.to/get/385010/36888/fetchbug

This ALWAYS happens, every time I play the level. Alone or with friends.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Err... what the hell guys?

This happens every single time on the level if you don't really hurry to Alric and friends. After killing the fetch immediately west of the starting position, send a berserk to where the Fetch kills Alrics group, when the Fetch changes its targeting to the zerk, lure the Fetch back to your archers.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

Baron LeDant wrote: This happens every single time on the level
Yeah, but it never used to in classic myth. That's why I consider it a bug that needs fixing.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye, you never had to rush before. If memory serves me, there's 4 fetch that attack you from the pool of blood to your right of the starting location. One of those 4 is the one raping your reinforcements. I've never seen it happen in my life...
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Yeah it happens to me every time - at least on legendary.

Best way is to rush first 3 fetches with zerks - in worts case you will get 1 zzap from north fetch -or take no damaga at all.

This bug could be fixed in v3 ;)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

... except that it never use to happen in The Fallen Levels either. I tested that level plenty of times before both v1 and v2 releases without noticing it, and I'm not the only one.

Makes me wonder whether its not something in myth 2 itself that's changed.

Its 99% likely that there won't be a fix, so I'm afraid you'll have to regard the need to rush as an extra challenge.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder